Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hot Boat members only 71' Chevelle build.

KACHINA KEN
    So I have been posting in the "Blowers" section for a few days trying to get some ideas for what to do with a 350 sbc out of a 71' Chevelle Malibu I picked up last week and FLAT BROKE and INFOMANIAC have been steering me in the right direction with it. I am probably going to ship the motor to Ron in OK to get it done in a week or so.
    I think it would be cool if all work on this project came from board members and God knows the talent is here. None of this is doner work mind you, I do have a budget for the project as well as a timeline ( I want to have it done by March) So if you would like to get involved I am going to need the following.
    Paint ( Car is going to be black with silver metalflake flames)
    Tranny and rear end (based on INFOMANIACS and FLAT BROKES specs)
    Stereo (me)
    Interior (may have the bros at Kachina do it)
    and finding source parts, most of it is already there though. The body is in kick ass shape but there are 2 BAD paintjobs caked up on it. I am putting a fiberglass hood and trunk on it to help lighten it up a bit. It has centerlines but they may be going away for something a little more updated.
    ANY ideas are more than welcomed as I have never had a project car before, keep in mind this is a street rod and not a restoration so get as crazy as you want idea wise.
    Thanks,
    Kenny

ROZ
    Make sure to put a big alternator on it
    just thinking stereo

Froggystyle
    You might call Clay at OPM Customs in Arizona. He is a boater on the forum (skeepwerkzaz) does this for a living, is my brother, and can really steer you in the right direction with regard to sourcing for brakes, wheels, etc...
    He is doing all first gen Camaros.

KACHINA KEN
    Make sure to put a big alternator on it
    just thinking stereo
    Yup, back to RB in Parker, he's the man!

KACHINA KEN
    You might call Clay at OPM Customs in Arizona. He is a boater on the forum (skeepwerkzaz) does this for a living, is my brother, and can really steer you in the right direction with regard to sourcing for brakes, wheels, etc...
    He is doing all first gen Camaros.
    Yeah, according to Flat Broke I need to definitely get at least a frt brake upgrade.
    Now go work on your boat Wes!

ahhell
    is Classic Industries in Huntington Beach...think twice about the fiberglass hood...mine cracked, and they shake like a sombitch, they steel one is only 50-60 lbs more!

KACHINA KEN
    is Classic Industries in Huntington Beach...think twice about the fiberglass hood...mine cracked, and they shake like a sombitch, they steel one is only 50-60 lbs more!
    But but but... it's soooo cool!

1stepcloser
    Excellent source for A body parts is Original Parts Group (http://www.opgi.com/) (OPG) They have all the interior, exterior and trim stuff you could possibly need.

KACHINA KEN
    Excellent source for A body parts is Original Parts Group (http://www.opgi.com/) (OPG) They have all the interior, exterior and trim stuff you could possibly need.
    GREAT LINK!!! Thanks!!!

ahhell
    well if you want fiberglass this place has decent prices...got a 3 inch cowl induction scoop for 60 bucks!!!
    http://www.up22.com/

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast