Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I backed into the wifes car

moneypit
    So I back the boat into my wifes brand new Audi. I knew it was there. I was more worried about the boat then her car.... The bottom of the drive slit the bumper and the prop dented the back of the car near the license plate.
    I looked at the prop and the drive and there wasn't a scratch... Do you think I should still pull the prop and have it checked??? It looks fine to me.

termiteguy
    yes the smallest of bend can cause bad viberations!

dicudmore
    So I back the boat into my wifes brand new Audi. I knew it was there. I was more worried about the boat then her car.... The bottom of the drive slit the bumper and the prop dented the back of the car near the license plate.
    I looked at the prop and the drive and there wasn't a scratch... Do you think I should still pull the prop and have it checked??? It looks fine to me.

voodoomedman
    you might want to have your drive alignment checked as well.

Jrocket
    LMAO...classic.

Ziggy
    LMAO...classic.
    What? You back into your wifes Ow-dy too?

Jrocket
    What? You back into your wifes Ow-dy too?
    No...but I am sooooo ready to either trade this thing in or sell it and get a new BMW.
    PM me a number where I can call you.

Tom Brown
    Do you think I should still pull the prop and have it checked??? It looks fine to me.
    It's extremely unlikely the prop is bent. If it's a B-1, it's made out of some pretty tough material... much more so than Audi uses in body panels.
    If it were me, I would build my own pitch gauge. Use 1/4" plywood, an old piece of panelling, or even just heavy cardboard. Make a triangle that fits perfectly under the blade at the tip when the prop is sitting on a flat surface. Make sure it fits all blades the same. That's basically all a prop shop will do, anyway. Their pitch gauges will follow the blade contour a little better but you should still be able to see how close the blades are to each other to tolerances that are better than a new prop is likely to be made. IOW, if it's out a tiny bit... it's not necessarily from the incident.

moneypit
    The funny thing is, she asked me if I needed her to move the car. I said naaaah' So I get into my rig and put the mutha' f'er in "R" and backed right into the car. It was like my brain just shut off.

moneypit
    It's extremely unlikely the prop is bent. If it's a B-1, it's made out of some pretty tough material... much more so than Audi uses in body panels.
    If it were me, I would build my own pitch gauge. Use 1/4" plywood, an old piece of panelling, or even just heavy cardboard. Make a triangle that fits perfectly under the blade at the tip when the prop is sitting on a flat surface. Make sure it fits all blades the same. That's basically all a prop shop will do, anyway. Their pitch gauges will follow the blade contour a little better but you should still be able to see how close the blades are to each other to tolerances that are better than a new prop is likely to be made. IOW, if it's out a tiny bit... it's not necessarily from the incident.
    I will give that a look see. I havent had the prop off the boat since I've had it.
    Hey Dan- you have a prop puller??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast