Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Freezing in Havasu!

Backfire
    I just got finished scraping ice off my son's windshield and now I'm wondering if I shoulda taken special precautions with my boat engine (?) My boat is outside, but covered. Should I suck antifreeze thru the system?

oldbuck40
    I just got finished scraping ice off my son's windshield and now I'm wondering if I shoulda taken special precautions with my boat engine (?) My boat is outside, but covered. Should I suck antifreeze thru the system?i see ya'll are getting some of that texas weather out there!!! dont chance it,,get out there and get er done!!!! to much money to let a freeze ruin it.

RiverRatMike
    got down to 31.6 here at my place in LHC last night. Brrrrrrr

Eliminator 4 Life
    :coffeycup About time it got cold out there

mbrown2
    Dam....I might be watching the Parade from shore...just getting over a cold, don't need another hanging out on the water and retrieving the boat at night...hopefully, it will heat up a little...it was cold last week.

Eliminator 4 Life
    When is the parade I forgot??

RiverRatMike
    Dam....I might be watching the Parade from shore...just getting over a cold, don't need another hanging out on the water and retrieving the boat at night...hopefully, it will heat up a little...it was cold last week.
    this weekend will be in the upper 30's to lower 40's for Sat night. I'll be out there too watching the parade.

Boozer
    Don't worry about antifreeze. Just pull the drain plugs on the engine and leave them out until you go boating again. This will allow any water thats in the engine to drain out.

Squirtin Thunder
    I just got finished scraping ice off my son's windshield and now I'm wondering if I shoulda taken special precautions with my boat engine (?) My boat is outside, but covered. Should I suck antifreeze thru the system?
    One of the easiest ways to winterize is to remove all the water from the system. So use some compressed air and blow out the water. This what I did in NC because I used the boat whenever is was nice out. In the 8 years I was out there I only witerized with Anti frezze once. It got as low as 16*.
    I hope this cold weather goes away quick.
    Jim

wildbillg
    right now it is only 54 but there is a north wind and it feels colder then that.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast