Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: for Jet Boat Applications (& others) the "BEST" Marine Motor is...

1Bahnerjet
    1. Chevy
    2. Ford
    3. Olds
    4. Chrysler
    5. other

Nucking futs
    I say #5 other

victorfb
    Pontiac

76 Sleekcraft
    I kinda lean towards Tucker, but they are kinda hard to get.

Squirtin Thunder
    Fords make more reliable power at a slightly higher cost than the chevy. But with todays new cam technology the Ford is ready for anything chevy has to throw at it.
    Jim

Jeanyus
    How come every time someone compares thier engine to another engine. They always compare it to a Chevy. I guess it does not not make sense to compare yourself to # 2

1Bahnerjet
    should have included...
    6. has not been invented yet.
    7. only exist in my Dreams.
    8. refuse to answer for fear of ridicule.

1978 Rogers
    How come the Mazada Rotory isn't on the list? What about the Indmar Viper V-10? If the price & weight was competative to a Ford & Chevy, what the hell.
    The reason to me GM is so popular in the marine industry is the collapse of OMC. Wasn't OMC coulped to Ford like GM is with Mercruiser? OMC was found on a lot of boat in the 80's.
    I have a Ford in my jet boat. The people I bought my boat from are Ford lovers. They help me with any questions or problems I have. So far it's been bomb proof.

superdave013
    I say a flat head ford. They are from about the same era as the ditch pumps you guys are into. :crossx: :crossx:
    Have a nice day

Eww that hurt Dave. : ) LOL, Gonna have to reply to this one.
    Dont let him fool you guys, the stuff they run is sooo old its ridiculous, not to mention what they still run on any given weekend.
    You see,flat guys dont change anything, they run the same exact set up as they ran in 1982.
    -no elec. pumps (gotta run the C. Smith mechanical) always run a gear drive, mag or dual points,same exact clay smith cam grind as they used for spring break in 81.etc.LOL. It would absolutly kill them to run an electronic ignition system, or run a tach that wasnt cable operated.Mullett sightings at CFW are not uncommon either. They are stuck in the 80s I tell you.
    LOL, only pullin your chain SD.
    Oh I vote Donovan for engine choice.Chevy tall deck if your a cheap bastard like me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast