Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hydraulic Steering

cola
    It's winter - you might find a nice system somebody is selling.
    Over the summer I found like-new Marine Machine rams and wingplate/bolts/hardware for $700. By the time I'm done with Stainless lines, I'll be about $1K into it. Might even go full hydraulic. The Marine Machine wingplate is built like a tank and weighs a ton - thank god it's being offset by aluminum heads!
    That sounds like a deal. What heads are you using & what are you putting them on.

dirty old man
    It doesn't get any better than the IMCO full steering including the helm and 2 rams. Take the deal where one of his dealers will sell it to you at a discount. If you really want to go first class, add IMCO's tilt helm package; its incredible but a little pricey.

cola
    It doesn't get any better than the IMCO full steering including the helm and 2 rams. Take the deal where one of his dealers will sell it to you at a discount. If you really want to go first class, add IMCO's tilt helm package; its incredible but a little pricey.
    Thats what I'am looking for. Did you install yours.
    Thanks, Mike

Havasu_Dreamin
    Full hydraulic? Adding some HP?

KACHINA KEN
    I got mine at K Mart only $19.95

BADBLOWN572
    Actually the only way to go is not Imco, it is WPM Racing. That right there is the best. I have installed a ton of Imcos and WPM's. By far the better system is for the WPM setting. Call them at 951-371-7567.

prosthogod
    I have single ram now (imco) and would like to go to dual ram. Does anyone know what that entails and the ~cost. Larry Peto suggested it and would do the install.

LHC30Victory
    Mike, I added the IMCO Full Hyd system to my Hyd assist over the summer. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! The install wasn't that hard at all. I ran the valve to keep both P/S units in the system so I have true redundancy. Even the Full Tilt Helm ($$) was easy. It is a great unit like Dirty old guy said. I suspect all the major names are good and probably use the same stuff - private labeled?

BADBLOWN572
    I have single ram now (imco) and would like to go to dual ram. Does anyone know what that entails and the ~cost. Larry Peto suggested it and would do the install.
    For dual ram assisted steering, all that you will have to do is buy a new wing plate or mounting cap, buy another ram, and buy the "T's" and hoses. All that you do is to T into the existing lines and continue them to the other side. Mount the ram and hook it to the drive. It is pretty simple.

C-2
    That sounds like a deal. What heads are you using & what are you putting them on.
    Heads are on a 496 stroker motor (Gen IV tall deck) built by Obnoxious001 (Barry) on this board. Guesstimating 550hp, maybe more. I still need to top it off with a Demon carb and polished/fabricated sheet metal valve covers. I have matching Candy red Lightnings. Going in my 95' Hallett 210.
    If you're patient, you'll find good deals. You might look thru old ads on OSO - that's how I found the Marine Machine system, the ad was actually about 6 months old but the guy still had the stuff. There were some other systems on there a few months ago.
    WPM/Marine Machine/Latham, recommended by CP Performance over any other systems. I saw Imco stuff coming up pretty regularly on Ebay. In fact there was a brand new, complete two ram add on system for $1400 that nobody bid on. :cry:
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../1132496-2.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast