Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: prime-a-jet????

steelcomp
    no that was the nozel housing that i had to use with the streight snoot, but since the fc2, i have went back to the droop!
    cyclone was not the friend i was talking about.
    this was more noticeable as the RPM climbed, this past fri. i went out again and took notice of it at all different range of rpm, and it only got worse!
    i was given this prime-a-jet from a friend and it was used , so im not saying that it does not work, im just wondering if they can go bad or should i look into some replacement parts?
    There's nothing that can really go "bad" but they can get dirty like the rest of yout boat, with mineral buildup from river and lake water. You also have dissmilar metals... a stainless ball and a brass housing, which if I'm not mistaken, causes a slight amount of electrolysis, which will cause a small amount of corrosion, as well. If the seating surface between the ball and the housing isn't perfect, and I mean machined surface perfect, the thing will leak. A little or a lot, like BK said, the amount of loss through that little hole isn't even measurable, althjough I don't think I'd want water being sprayed all over the back of my boat or motor unnecessarily...that stuff is hard enough to keep clean.
    The prim-a-jet , if it has mineral buildup, can probably be cleaned in something like CLR.

Squirtin Thunder
    Todd,
    I haven't taken a video of it but even if it was squirtin a little bit I would not be worried about it. In my opinion the pressure behind the impeller is so great that those little pin holes would not matter.
    Later BK
    See Todd FG has a Big Bad Ford also, He does not have to worry about his ignition getting wet. It sounds like someone is squirting a little thunder on the back of your boat !!!

revndave
    Todd was towing me.Thanks again for the tow.It was his bros falt.

Squirtin Thunder
    Todd was towing me.Thanks again for the tow.It was his bros falt.
    Revndave wasn't that posted a while back ??? In your testing stages.
    These guys have short memories !!!
    That is cool that Todd keeps things quiet though !!!!

revndave
    It was 2 weeks ago.Acouple of us were at Elsinore for photo shoot.Motor died at far end of lake :burningm: Always at the far end.Was taking his brother for a ride.Simple problem.Fuel pump came out of coupler.All better now

jamessampica
    Should i ask how did it come out of the coupler?????????
    JIM S
    P.S. You don't have to answer if you don't want too. :argue:

steelcomp
    Should i ask how did it come out of the coupler?????????
    JIM S
    P.S. You don't have to answer if you don't want too. :argue:
    Oouch!! :hammerhea
    Gotta check those bolts!!!

revndave
    It was not tight.My bad

Duane HTP
    If the PRIME-A-JET is spraying water like you say, there is something wrong with it. Send it to me, and I'll fix or replace it. Makes no difference to me where or how you got it.They have been a very reliable part.
    As for the guy who called it a two dollar part, I'll buy all of them that he can produce for $2.00 each and we'll put them on the market for $3.00. Someone doesn't understand research and developement costs and writing the CNC programs that talks like that.

revndave
    Duane
    Todd was towing me and I saw water spraying out of all the holes.It stopped when applied more gas.My boat could use one.It takes forever to prime.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast