Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A Good friend with Cancer

JetBoatRich
    There has been some talk about this subject the last couple weeks and it has touched home Ralph a person who started off as somebody I new from work, later a friend. Some of you met him at the Piru end of summer party in 2002.
    Ralph's boat at the Piru trip
    http://www.speedcraving.com/dynda/jim/piru/PA130099.jpg
    Ralph standing next to me
    http://www.speedcraving.com/dynda/jim/piru/PA130109.jpg
    It started off as skin cancer and now spread, he is battling a brain tumor right now.
    I called him out of the blue about a month ago and his wife told he just got home from the hospital and then put him on the phone. He was still a little out of it, but good spirits considering. I did not know about the tumor at the time, but did know he had other medical conditions.
    Today he called me and asked if I could come by and reconnect his wireless system and computers. No problem, I will be by later this afternoon. Just got home after fixing the system and talking with him and his wife. He has a hard time getting around and his left side is partly paralyzed, but can walk around with help of a walker. The recovery will take some time, but he will continue to battle and keep his sense of humor.
    Like I said earlier, he is one of the funniest persons I ever new and always full of character. God Bless him and help to win this battle.
    Piru Thread (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20968)

LVJAKAZ
    That is so hard it see a friend go thru that...i sorry :frown: all you can do is let him know you care and are there for him
    Marla

Mrs CP 19
    He will be in my thoughts and prayers. Be there for him if you can, and just let him know he is in your thoughts. I too am battling cancer now and friends being there have meant the world! Jill

Dr. Eagle
    Damn,
    That is one thing we are all more exposed to as boaters... the sun, and consequently more at risk for Skin Cancer.
    I hope he completely recovers, but it sounds like a tough road...

jdogginla
    Recovery is alot easier when you have a good support system and good friends.........I'm sure he appreciates it.

JetBoatRich
    Ralph told me when we were leaving, he has to get better because he has to many plans this summer :notam: back into boating.
    I had my wife and kids with me, he did not have a lot of energy but still messed with my son

Mrs CP 19
    GREAT...Attitude is a big part of getting better!!

MRS FLYIN VEE
    I am so sorry to hear about your friend rich. He his family and you and yours will be in our prayers..
    Get well soon Ralph. :frown:

superdave013
    Well I've been down this road with my best friend.
    All I can say is it's cool that you're being a good friend. It's hard and it's going to get harder as it goes on. When my friend was really sick alot of the other guys (we were a really tight group) quit calling and stoping by. They said it was to hard and they didn't know what to say. Well if you think it's hard on us just think what he's going though. He needed us and so did his wife and kids.
    It got to the point that you could not even tell it was him any longer. A man that went from 185 pounds was now under 90. But man, if you looked into his eyes and talked to him he was still the same guy on the inside.
    Hang in there rich, it makes a difference when they know someone cares.

SoCal_fun
    Sorry to hear about this Rich. Your being a good friend will help him get through this. Lets hope we see him out there this summer with the Posse!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast