Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the plan for the Pacific NW???

malcolm
    I always forget to check the "west" forum. :sleeping:
    I'll be setting up some river runs on the Snohomish this spring/summer. I'll have to go out early at low tide and make sure we don't have any new snags. Don't worry I haven't hit anything in 5 years (bigger than a piece of bark that is).
    We will most likely have a weekend trip to Moses Lake too, not to mention any other bodies of water we feel like checking out. Don't give up on us Tahiti, we'll have some fun this season!

Rock-it man
    SOO !!! Who's goin to the Portland Boat Show ,Theres a Pizza /Beer place at Jantzan Beach near the boat show where we met last year ,anyone want to meet up Fri jan 7 for some suds and pizza !!!!!! PPR knows its name I forgot ??? MIKE ? CLIFF ? TIM ? How bout it !!!!! Alls welcome !!!!!!! say around 6pm or when ya all get off work ?? First rounds on me !!! Tim !! heres a pic to remind you of what I want in 2005 !!!!! hehehe !!!
    1. ROCKIT MAN (2)
    2. Bush Machine & Marine (1)
    3.HP 350 ( 2)
    4. Cliff (2)
    5, PPR (2)
    6. ????

HP350SC
    SOO !!! Who's goin to the Portland Boat Show ,Theres a Pizza /Beer place at Jantzan Beach near the boat show where we met last year ,anyone want to meet up Fri jan 7 for some suds and pizza !!!!!! PPR knows its name I forgot ??? MIKE ? CLIFF ? TIM ? How bout it !!!!! Alls welcome !!!!!!! say around 6pm or when ya all get off work ?? First rounds on me !!! Tim !! heres a pic to remind you of what I want in 2005 !!!!! hehehe !!!
    1. ROCKIT MAN (2)
    2. Bush Machine & Marine (1)
    3. HP 350 ( 2)
    4. Cliff (4)
    5, PPR (2)
    6. ????
    7. John&Robin?
    Hey, is that a tow rope or trophy you're holding up? hehhehe-couldn't resist buddy! How's that motor looking man?
    Let's see some new faces at the pizza party too. It is at BJ's pizza near I-5 bridge at Jantzen beach for those who haven't been there.

Rock-it man
    The Motor is doing great just waiting on a few more parts,went with a new block,pistons, etc Dennis is working on it all ,gotta figure out where to mount all the new stuff ,dry sump tank,fuel injection tank etc and you thought it was a full engine compartment before !!!!!! still trying to figure out what props to use before I order a couple from Merc.
    Ya !! Thats a tow rope on the ground in case I need to tow John's Warlock 31 in !!!! hehehe !!!!!!!!! or I could use it for a tow out from the doc's before I fire it up as this new 2000 + hp motor may not be a driveable as the last one OH !! WELL !!!! if thats what I have to give up for outright bone chilling performance its worth it !!!!!!!!! I owe Ruby the The FIRST ride I hope she can take the accelleration becouse even now with that Weisman drive when I hammer it at 50 mph you had better be holding on to your A$$ and with 2000+ hp avalible at will ,the ride will be a RUSH !!!!!! 2005 is gonna be my best year with a whole summer and no Drive problems !!!!!!!!! I'm really looking forward to it!!! guess I had better save some $$$$$$ for fuel !!!!!Wish there was 110 at the pump !!!! See ya in Portland !!

HP350SC
    Sounds like some SERIOUS hardware! Hey, if you run out of room we can mount some stuff in my boat. My changes are relatively small this Winter. I machined my foot pedal "lip" down because my leg would get fatigued on long runs. Had a goofy angle that just didn't work. And I'm DONE screwing with fuel pressure. Aeromotive 11108 fuel pump, 13207 bypass regulator and filter should show up tomorrow. And last but not least, had to replace one $700 exhaust riser that developed an internal pinhole leak. Luckily I caught it early on routine inspection. Also thinking of changing engine water pick-up to hull mounted style. It is impossible to keep that damn low water pick-up from plugging up!

Rock-it man
    HP 350 Sounds like you are ready already !!! for summer .Hope for a nice april at Lake Shasta for some testing . See ya all at BJ's Jan 7 ,we will be at the Mariottjust across the freeway. I'm installing a foot throttle also for the speed runs ,need both hands on the wheel !!!!!!!
    Anybody else in for some Pizza and Suds !!!!!!!!

HP350SC
    Here's what mine looks like after removing most of the "lip". I would not recommend this style though, and I'll tell you why. You can see the bolt 1/3 of the way up, which is where it pivots. Your foot basically "rocks" in the pedal (you heel has to come backwards when you accelerate) and when you are going through rough water it is tiring as hell, not to mention it's hard to keep the throttle steady. Look for something that has the lower 2" or so in a fixed position, with a parting line at that point. Then you could support your heel and leg while you press down.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...31DSC00887.jpg

HP350SC
    Well, after searching around at in-controlproducts, cpperformance, rex marine and others it doesn't look like anyone builds a pedal like I wanted. It would be so much better to have the lower portion in a fixed position, or at least the pivot point all the way at the bottom.
    Hmmm, now I'm looking at modifying my pedal some more. :notam:

Rock-it man
    I agree very poor design !!!!The heal should not rock up ,I have one and have been thinking how to modify it,let me know as I want to install one also I think this is a problem for everone that has one of these foot throttles.
    Put your inventer hat on !!!!!!!

spectras only
    I have the same type pedal in the 19' spectra. The only way you can fix the problem is to make a wedge shape block for the pedestal to put the pedal more upright. Dave at california marine had his pedals setup [ either floor or stringer mounted] on his catalinas and I felt they were comfortable. The setup was slightly different for each customer of course . If you want a bottom pivot pedal ,just make one yourself

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast