Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Witnessed a break in.

dmontzsta
    I took my son to school and we were 10 minutes early. So I am waiting on the curb in the car, me, my son and my gf. I notice a guy eyeing up this honda accord. He pulls his POS buick in to position so that he can go straight out of the parking lot. He then walks up to this accord, slides the window down, reaches in and pulls the door lock. The factory alarm was going off, he looked at me and I looked at him and thought "uhhh WTF?" Then he got into the car all this while we were within 15' of him. I proceed to think I am going to get out and kick the living shit out of this guy. My son starts crying so I am now nervous and my gf says "you cant hit him you will go to jail and he will sue you for everything". Shit...
    So I dial 911 after 6 rings the answering machine picks up "Thank you for calling emergency 911, please have your info ready". heh WTF??? Then I get through to them within 3-4 minutes, I tell them the license plate number and all the info, what he was wearing, where I was etc...etc... Then she says "Thank you, let me transfer you to the city police...WTF??? ahhh so annoying. I get on the phone and tell the city police the same thing, mean time this knucklehead is driving away right past me.
    He stole the stereo, some video games from the back seat and some other stuff.
    Did I do the right thing?
    The cops just called me back and wanted my info, I said I would like to remain annonymous, cause being an ex criminal, I know you are entitled to a copy of the police report which has everyones info on it. No thanks. I dont want to put my family in danger.

78Eliminator
    You shouldn't call 911 unless someone's life is threatened. Not to be a dick, but your kind of call is the reason there was a message machine and not a person on the end of the line.

Keithb87
    It's too bad that 911 takes so long to answer and then transfers you to the local LE. I feel that you did the right thing. I am a ex-con also and I would of done the same thing. I'd kept my name out of it too just to avoid all the police contact and questions. You did the right thing dmontzsta.

MRS FLYIN VEE
    well I think he did the right thing.. when you call 911 on a cell phone it does take forever because if I remember right. it goes to highway patrol then they tranfer you.. if it was your car would he have done the wrong thing.? think about it. this person may only have little things that mean alot to them..
    just my 2 cents.

HCS
    I don't know man. I would have done something like tell him to get the phuck away from my car. Even if it wasn't my car.

Sweet Addiction
    Think of it this way. If it was your car or truck being broke into and someone was watching it take place would you not want them to call the police? Or would it be better just to sit there and just wave to the guy as he is leaving the crime scene. Just my 02'. I think you did the right thing.

dmontzsta
    I don't know man. I would have done something like tell him to get the phuck away from my car. Even if it wasn't my car.
    He was on speed, I can tell that much. And had a shitty car, who knows what he had in there, my family was also right next to me. If I was by myself I would have been in jail probably.

dmontzsta
    You shouldn't call 911 unless someone's life is threatened. Not to be a dick, but your kind of call is the reason there was a message machine and not a person on the end of the line.
    I didnt know who else to call, I dont have the local police department number. At any moment I seriously thought he would walk up and try and do something, since I am watching him do this with my family.
    My heart is still pumping and I am still nervous over this. I need to settle down.

Keithb87
    He was on speed, I can tell that much. And had a shitty car, who knows what he had in there, my family was also right next to me. If I was by myself I would have been in jail probably.
    All the more reason to stop and call instead of getting physical. You never know what a TWEEKER might have hidden in his car, or on his person.
    Better to have called vs. jumping in there and getting killed over a few hundred dollars of someone's stuff.
    You gave the tag # and description of him and the car. They will catch him eventually.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
    where did you get that info from that 911 is only for a life threatening incident :hammerhea

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast