Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: caribean/hardin marine

jstwkd
    does anyone know or heard of a caribean marador 18 ft ive rcecently purchased one.im very happy with it.but cant find any info. on it. and havent seen any pictures of anyone elses.the boat does a stong 75 with a 454 i have a 502 and a set of alum. heads i would like to install and try to reach 90 or so still need to pick a camshaft????

Heatseeker
    I've got one just like it. Here's a link to some pics: http://liquidaddiction.net/heatseeker.html
    What do you want to know? I wish mine did a strong 75. Soon, very soon...
    Email me(address in profile), and I'll share what info I have on Caribbean.
    John
    AKA Heatseeker

Caribbean19'
    I have a 1991 Caribbean set up by Hardin with a Berkely jet. Caribbean went out of business a few years ago. I really like my boat, and have had no problems with it. If you guys are interested, I have really nice die cut Caribbean Custom Boat stickers. Since Caribbean is out of business, and I wanted to have a Caribbean sticker, I had some custom made. I have about 10, so if you are interested, email me. I can send you a pic of the sticker on my truck.
    Josh

ChetCapoli
    hey josh,
    interesting you had stickers made. A guy i know wanted some embroidery done on his boat seats and had a hard time finding anyone to do it, said they were afraid of name copyright or something like that. After explaining they were out of biz and it's an old boat and all that found someone that would do it but only that one time.
    Chet

jstwkd
    i know v-hulls dont handle as well as a tunnel it has a three piece mount system iv never seen before. need to figure out if it is going to be fairly safe and if this hull can obtain this speed. the hull is an 89 the jet is comming out to be flowed (12jg) and all i need for the 502 is a cam that will prod. 600-650 at 5500 or so. talked to a walt at walts hot boat he would like to see the hull before i do all of this this is only my second boat and the first one was a pile!!! took it out twice and sold it?

jstwkd
    josh im interested in your stickers please e-mail me a photo. the heat seaker looks just like mine some slight motor differnces.those are the only pictures ive seen of another one.

Heatseeker
    Josh,
    I'd like to have a couple of those stickers also. Please email me(johnniepiv@yahoo.com) a pic also. What do you want for them?
    jstwkd,
    Here is a link to a thread telling about the Caribbean line. Old Rigger has been around the jet scene for a long while and really knows his stuff. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000617.html
    John
    AKA Heatseeker
    [This message has been edited by Heatseeker (edited December 16, 2001).]

Caribbean19'
    Chet, I know what you mean. When I called around, copywrite/trademark issues were my concern as well. I used Sunset Signs in Southern California www.sunsetsigns.com (http://www.sunsetsigns.com) Sunset was cool about doing stickers for a brand out of business. I would be more worried if I was making hundreds and trying to make a profit off someone else's trademark. Besides, I was jealous that I didn't get to put my boat decal on my truck since Caribbean went out of business--now I can.
    Josh

Caribbean19'
    Jstwkd and Heatseeker,
    I will email you both with pics right now.
    Josh

fat rat
    My old boat I sold last year was a 1988 Maurder, bought it new. When I sold it to Blonde Bomber last spring I gave him the original broucher on the whole Carribean line.....the boat is awsome he's done some serious pump work on it and some motor work......I was running a basiclly stock 502, the boat ran 75+ mph on GPS and has the most awsome hole shot I've ever seen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast