Thread: On drag radials.

Blown 472

MAXIMUS
    Pretty cool! Just think what that baby would run out here in cali! :rollside:

HP350SC
    Sweet!!!!! BIG turbo on that thing? I ran those drag radials on a '96 Cobra, after several second pre-stage burnout they would squak and hook hard. Made about 2 dozen passes with them. One time they hooked hard as I went to stage and damn near hit guardrail. I was only running low 13's. Couldn't believe how loose the stock comp. t/a's were after I put them back on.

Blown 472
    Sweet!!!!! BIG turbo on that thing? I ran those drag radials on a '96 Cobra, after several second pre-stage burnout they would squak and hook hard. Made about 2 dozen passes with them. One time they hooked hard as I went to stage and damn near hit guardrail. I was only running low 13's. Couldn't believe how loose the stock comp. t/a's were after I put them back on.
    I guess he is running those new mickey thompsons, I am going to try a pair on my shit box and see if it will hook.

gotta get a job before you can buy new slicks.

Foggerjet
    I had a '93 m-stang GT street car a few years back, and tried those then new, Nitto NT555 x-treme drag radials. They worked real good, but a smoky burnout did no good. It hurt even. I spoke to Nitto and they said not to do burnouts, go around the water and just pop the clutch and turn them over a few times to clean them, no smoke! That was the trick. 60ft went from 1.76 to 1.62. ET dropped from 12.10 to 11.82 on the sauce. Do any of y'all do burnouts on Mickey T's or BFG's? I'm going to be buying another set of drag radials again soon for a customer and would like some input on the different brands, as I've only used the Nittos. My only real expierience is with Bias racing slicks.
    thanks
    fog
    fog

HP350SC
    DOT legal BFG drag radials was what I had. Looked like a set of tires with 10% tread left when new. Definitely a short burnout helped. Like I mentioned, they would squeal/squak and then hook. Street tire burnouts are a joke. Makes traction worse.