Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How far up is too far up for a T tank?

Jake W2
    I need to start making my brackets for my 10 Gallon IMCO T tank.And need to find a place to put my battery.I want to put it in front of the motor in the middle. But that will move the t tank further forward.There is room to do it.The other option is to turn it sideways and this will move the t tank back to where I want it but this puts the battery under the tank.
    I saw a pic in the new hot boat of the Tom Papp (Rogers dragstar) and the tank looks to be rite behind the seats.Anyone have a pic of the inside of that boat?
    Thanks Jake

Heatseeker
    I'd think anywhere you want to mount the tank, as long as it is above the level of the fuel pump would be ok.

Mr.&Mrs.Budlight
    I need to start making my brackets for my 10 Gallon IMCO T tank.And need to find a place to put my battery.I want to put it in front of the motor in the middle. But that will move the t tank further forward.There is room to do it.The other option is to turn it sideways and this will move the t tank back to where I want it but this puts the battery under the tank.
    I saw a pic in the new hot boat of the Tom Papp (Rogers dragstar) and the tank looks to be rite behind the seats.Anyone have a pic of the inside of that boat?
    Thanks Jake
    How much power is the motor putting out? That's what dictates where to put the weight in the boat. I'd probably keep the bat in the back. my 2 cents Budlight

Jake W2
    The motor is a 460 stock compresion.It has 429 timing chain and gears,Comp magnum cam lifters,Bassett short stright headers,Msd ignition,victor intake 750 biggs holley Mecanical secondaries,and a 100 shot NX N2O system.So not a whole lot of power mabey 450 with the juice.
    There is no where to put the bat in the back unless I glas a pad in ,the pump is far enough back that the pump brace is in the way.It will be a two seater boat weighs around 450 or less.
    Jake

revndave
    Only 10 gals. Why so little fuel?

wsuwrhr
    Jake, If you can mount an effective wing on it, it is too high. :hammer2:
    Brian

Jake W2
    RD I have had alot of problems with the side tankes I had in my old boat not getting enough fuel to the motor and alot of water in them runed 2 carbs and a fuel pump.Allso I want to run a mecanial inj at some point so I need one for that.I had thought about stacked tankes but went with the T tank instead.I boat on LOTO and have a dock so fuel is not a real concern.
    Brian I hear that.But I ment too far forward I guess.
    Jake

Squirtin Thunder
    my wife said that I can't play with you any more because my bloode presure climbs too much.
    Jim

Jake W2
    Just remember it is just a dam computer nothing personal.
    Jake

Squirtin Thunder
    Just remember it is just a dam computer nothing personal.
    Jake
    I know but that damm intake thing gets me so pissed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast