Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Very disappointed in Eliminator

Jordy
    Nowhere on there is RiverRat asking Eliminator to warranty
    the boat. Why would you even say such an stupid thing?
    Look at the title of the thread. "Very dissapointed in Eliminator." Sounds like he's got an issue with them because of a problem with his 25 year old boat to me. Yeah, the lack of response sucks, but as I asked in my first post in this thread, what doe he expect them to do??????
    Perhaps if a different approach was taken, such as "Hey check out what happened to my boat, what should I do?" then different responses might be elicited. This seems as somewhat of an attack thread on Eliminator that really isn't called for. Hell, I'm not a big fan of Eliminator, but the way this title is worded just isn't right.

taxman
    The guy just lost his rig!!!!!!! He is venting jordanPunk!!!! Talk to a woman that way and for sure you just might be on the end of a good ass kicking :jawdrop:

Moneypitt
    Hey, stuff happens. At least its not bumping along the bottom in the current headed down river. A lesser boat may have just sunk on the spot, consider yourself lucky to get to the beach. Which was a heads up thing to do and I'm sure your quick reaction to a bad situation kept it from being alot worse. Didn't Ducky here on the board just open a fiberglass shop in Havasu? give him a call, and move on towards summer...................MP

Jordy
    The guy just lost his rig!!!!!!! He is venting jordanPunk!!!! Talk to a woman that way and for sure you just might be on the end of a good ass kicking :jawdrop:
    I understand that he lost his rig. I also gave suggestions of who to talk to. Starting a thread about being "DISAPPOINTED IN ELIMINATOR" seems a little misleading. What did they do wrong?
    As far as talking to a woman that way, I didn't realize that it was Traci typing, however, if you read what I was responding to I don't think it was out of line.
    I don't know why I even bother sometimes.
    You know what dude, sorry about your boat. Hell, I think I'd sue Eliminator. Oh yeah, don't call any fiberglass shops. That was bad advice on my part.

Squirtin Thunder
    As I pointed out, I didn't just leave it at that comment. I offered a solution to the problem. Do you honestly expect Bob Leach to offer suggestions on what happened with a 25 year old boat??? Lots and lots of variables can play into that. As far as the lame comments about boats getting pounded over 25 years of service? If that wasn't the case, wouldn't the market be flooded with old, old boats??? Not everyone babies their stuff and a boat certainly takes a hell of alot of pounding out on the water, even if you baby it, that is, unless you only run it on glass.
    I understand some of what you have said but I would expect BOB to maybe help a little. I would if it was my project. I know JOHN (Ultra) would at least offer some guideness on the repair at the very least.
    There is no need to get nasty over this the worst part is the boat is screwed, lets get it fixed !!!! If possible
    JIm

1Bahnerjet
    What would Schiada do ?
    (if it happened to one of their "lifetime" Boats)

spectras only
    What would spectra do ? Oh never mind ,they're out of biz since 1980 . Good thing spectras don't delaminate , my oldest one is 32 yrs young . BTW I'm a crusty curmudgeon ,so I always ask my executive secretary [ wife :wink: ]to write letters when I want something done about :idea:

superdave013
    What would Schiada do ?
    (if it happened to one of their "lifetime" Boats)
    I think they would tell you that you got your money's worth and give you a quote on a new hull.

Lake Ape
    Just curious, once again I don't know shiat about boats, but is that what a normal delamination looks like? Shouldn't it be more jagged? I have seen lots of corvettes crashed up and they have jagged edges on the fiberglass. It looks to me that the fiber wasn't impregnated with resin. Just curious, once again I don't know squat about boats but it looks funny to me.

DUCKY
    I agree that there would be no warranty claim here, I think a phone call from Eliminator would have been in order, and if I were them, The nastier the letter, the more anxious I would have been to at least call and let the owner vent for a little while before going public with his complaint. if he lives close, offer to have a look at the boat. Anyways, it sucks all around.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast