Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Xm Or Sirius

WILDERTHANU
    WHAT DO YOU THINK, MY PARENTS HAVE XM IN ALL THEIR VEHICLES AND LOVE IT....HOWARDS GOING SIRIUS...SO WHAT DO YOU THINK....IM LOOKING ON GETTING IT THIS WEEK??????

Mrs.Racer277
    Sorry I would go with XM. Howard is a pig.

Kachina26
    Is Howard a premium service? You may have to pay extra to get him, I like XM and could live a long time without ever hearing HS.

Kachina26
    I take it back, all channels are included in the $3.00 a month extra that you pay for sirius.

Scream
    XM IMHO, I have it in my new Suburban and I love it. I just bought it for my daughter and have it in my boat as well. I don't know that much about Sirus, but I don't think Howard is worth any extra $ that's for sure. He's a hack.
    Scream

Blacksheep
    I used to work for Sirius as an Orbital and a Spacecraft Analyst. It all depends on if you are buying for the technology or programming. From the technology perspective I would go Sirius. Sirius has an advantage with their digital compression and coding and they also have a better orbit for their constellation of satellites that provided better line of site to the receivers. This comes into play when you are away from the larger cities and don't get help from the terrestrial repeaters. XM needs a much more extensive repeater network due to the geostationary orbit they fly which gives low line of site angles. Sirius line of site can be as high as 90 degs, directly above you.
    Don't get me wrong both companies are good, I own stock in both, and the industry needs both to survive, but it depends what you are looking for. To some, it only boils down to the programming the companies offer not the technology.
    FCC has mandated these two companies come up with an interoperable receiver that can receive both signals so before too long, these interoperable receivers will be available. This will allow people to buy a GM product and get Sirius or someone to buy a Ford and get XM.
    For content, best advice I can give you is go to the companies websites and check out the different content they offer.
    Let me know if I can answer anything specific.

Kachina26
    Thanks Blacksheep.

Raisin Wake
    I'm an XM guy. The programming is so similar that the extra $3.00 is not worth it. From an end-user stand point, they both sound great. I've got a portable unit for my cars and my classroom, aswell, as in my boat.
    By the way, I'm not a HS fan....

ALTERED-EAGLE
    XM has the Playboy channel, if you like smut. Sirius has the gay and lesbian channel, (were not sure why). I just put Sirius in a couple of my vehicles and they both work great, even in the remotest of places. Just my 2 cents.

24ROD
    We have XM in the boat and love it. I don't remember the last time I played a CD.........

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast