Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ? for shockwaveharry and LVjetboy

shockwaveharry
    Sorry about the late reply Fryzll but I don't read the jet posts much anymore since my new boat has a prop out back. Man oh man do I miss my old Placecraft! http://www.***boat.net/class/7146938101a.jpg
    Running a droop and PD I had a porpoise problem with mine too. I fooled with the cav plates one afternoon and completely eliminated the problem with a little down angle. I lost 2 mph on the top end but I could cruise around the River with the roost high! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/cool.gif
    I think the PC is the coolest looking boat on the water! I sold it because it was just too small. I spent a lot of time on the big lakes this summer, places I never would have taken my PC, but when I'm in Blythe, I really miss it.

fryzll
    Thanks harry, I just finished my boat so I will probably just hang on to it until I run across a nice tunnel that I cant live without. Im still thinking PlaceCraft or Southwind but the CP is really growing on too. I dont have kids and I go to the lower river so one of these will work just perfect for me. Famous last word huh?
    Chris

future boater
    shockwavharry,
    that placecraft is nice i look at the ad for it atleast once a day...

wrightnow
    fryzll,
    Where do you go boating, you said lower river. Where is that?

fryzll
    wrightnow, we had our trailer at Hidden Shores but next year they wont let us back on the park because its too old so we are going to be at either Fishers or Martinez. The nice thing about it is that I live in San Diego so i'm at the river in 2 1/2 hours http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif I wouldnt mind going up past Blyth but being I have been going down to Yuma for 20+ years all our friends have places down there. My ex's family had a house at Lost Lake but to tell you the truth I think the scenery where I go blows that part of the river away. Now they live in Havasu so I will probably make some trips up there next season. You should try to make a trip to Yuma next season, I think you would enjoy it.
    Chris

wrightnow
    fryzll,
    Was that an invite for next season? If so I would like to see more of the river. I have been going to Big River for 10 years and only Big River. Time to open my horizen.

fryzll
    wrightnow, you do have a invite but the only problem is I am trying to get a space for the trailer next season. We got booted out of the old park because they dont want any trailers over 10 yrs old. I know i can get a space but the question is where? Its either going to be Martinez, Fishers or Pruitt so I just have to wait. I will keep everybody posted.
    Chris

Kwicherbichen
    Fryzll, sorry to hear you are getting the boot from hidden shores.
    If you are looking into Fishers, Martinez, or Pruit area talk to my wife's aunt. Her name is Kathy McKinney and she works at the bar/restaurant at Fishers. She knows everyone in the area and could probably point you in the right direction. Also, you can talk to her husband, Neil McKinney. He is the lead mechanic at the boat shop at Fishers. Go to Kathy first though, Neil can be kinda grumpy at times.
    Wrightnow, the Yuma/Lake Martinez area is a great place to stretch out. I have been to almost every area of the river (Powell to Yuma) and as far as the shallow areas of the river are concerned I like Yuma best. When I first started going down there I was having a Havasu jonez(I missed the hard core partying). It's not as hard partying but the water conditions are awesome. Most weekends have ample SANDbars and most folks are real friendly. Of course it has lake lice like everywhere but most boats are like ours 18'-21' and not too many wake board boats.
    BTW, did you get in contact with the guy that did your interior? I would really like him to do mine too.
    Brian
    [This message has been edited by Kwicherbichen (edited October 17, 2001).]

Kwicherbichen
    ????? No one ever came back to this thread.

1quickjet
    I don't know a whole lot about those placecraft tunnels, but I got beat by one a few years ago on parker. If you guys happen to know anything about the 22' stepcat, aka deckboat, I would appreciate any input. Like the fact that they are offered in a jet. I have heard they are heavy, but I saw one on the trailer a while back, with a blown motor that consistently flirted with 100mph. That is impressive for any deckboat, especially a jet!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast