Thread: re-doing the floor

flattie
    Well the floor de-laminated on me on the drivers side due to the Mahogany venire getting wet from water coming in around the fuel tank brakets.Then I think it froze over the winter last year and popped the fiberlass away from the wood. So this morning I cut the loose fiberglass out down to the wood. Now Im waiting for the wood to get good and dry before re-epoxing the new floor. What do you guys use on your hardware were bolts go through the boat? Silicone? Just wandering what everone uses. http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...09DSC02720.JPG

sanger rat
    Whats with the dollar bills on the floor?

Fiat48
    Cause boats like money.

GofastRacer
    Cause boats like money.
    Yeah no shit!..LOL...

GofastRacer
    Well the floor de-laminated on me on the drivers side due to the Mahogany venire getting wet from water coming in around the fuel tank brakets.Then I think it froze over the winter last year and popped the fiberlass away from the wood. So this morning I cut the loose fiberglass out down to the wood. Now Im waiting for the wood to get good and dry before re-epoxing the new floor. What do you guys use on your hardware were bolts go through the boat? Silicone? Just wandering what everone uses.
    I use Permatex 2 because it's imprevious to gas and oil and it's not as soft as silicone but it is still non hardening!..

wsuwrhr
    Whats with the dollar bills on the floor?
    Looks like two-dollar bills to me.
    Brian

flattie
    There is $37 dollars laminated in the pass floor & its all real. probally finish on the drivers side also. its a nice conversational piece