Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best and Worst Xmas Gifts

Lightning
    I'm not a big present person, meaning I don't ever expect to get gifts from people. I pretty much only buy for niece's and kids in the family, etc... Maybe a small gift basket for parents, just to let them know I care about them.
    My lady and I even decided to pass on the gifts this year, instead we went to a nice dinner at Ruth Chris last night - just the two of us, a nice bottle of cabernet and a window seat overlooking the water. It was a nice way to end a hectic week. We are the only ones in the family with no kids and parents live out of town - so we always end up driving to everyone's homes. We started off on Christmas Eve going with her sister and sister's husband to a friend of their's home in DelMar. Left that party, drove to Temecula and spent the night at their home. Went to her brothers house during the day in Winchester and then stopped off in Bonsal on the way home and visited with her mother. On Sunday I picked up my niece (my brother lives out of town and niece lives with mom locally) and spent the day with her. Brought her home and then went to Ruth Chris.
    Anyhow, what was the best and worst gift? I did not get a worst gift, the best gift was spending last night with just me and my lady, relaxing, eating good food, drinking good wine, ......and....well you know.....

BarryMac
    I'm with ya on the gift thing, I really don't like gifts for me for on Christmas, I usually take care of the Wife and Kids, the best gift for me is the surprise on the wifes face when she sees what her prize is, the kids their happy when there lists are complete, Santa usually brings them all that they want, plus some...
    The worst gift was being with the wifes family for the better part of the day, too much drama for me, I wanna relax and not have to worry about who said what about who, especially on Christmas Day...

NashvilleBound
    I'm not a big present person, meaning I don't ever expect to get gifts from people. I pretty much only buy for niece's and kids in the family, etc... Maybe a small gift basket for parents, just to let them know I care about them.
    My lady and I even decided to pass on the gifts this year, instead we went to a nice dinner at Ruth Chris last night - just the two of us, a nice bottle of cabernet and a window seat overlooking the water. It was a nice way to end a hectic week. We are the only ones in the family with no kids and parents live out of town - so we always end up driving to everyone's homes. We started off on Christmas Eve going with her sister and sister's husband to a friend of their's home in DelMar. Left that party, drove to Temecula and spent the night at their home. Went to her brothers house during the day in Winchester and then stopped off in Bonsal on the way home and visited with her mother. On Sunday I picked up my niece (my brother lives out of town and niece lives with mom locally) and spent the day with her. Brought her home and then went to Ruth Chris.
    Anyhow, what was the best and worst gift? I did not get a worst gift, the best gift was spending last night with just me and my lady, relaxing, eating good food, drinking good wine, ......and....well you know.....
    Lightning....Sounds like a real nice time...but I dont get the last line "....and...well you know..." can you explain? Stick figures?

LVJAKAZ
    The best gift for me was having my whole family at my house for most of the day and dinner. My sister has four kids and we had a blast, my mom drank too much wine and was so funny.

Lightning
    Lightning....Sounds like a real nice time...but I dont get the last line "....and...well you know..." can you explain? Stick figures?
    I could explain, but I prefer not to share those details

NashvilleBound
    I could explain, but I prefer not to share those details
    Understood.....just messing with you....

MsDrmr
    my big one was running boards for my truck.

Lightning
    Understood.....just messing with you....
    I know.... when are you coming back out to San Diego. There is a certain boat that you need to look at. I saw it and helped take some photos the other day....absolutely incredible.

RiverDave
    I got a 44 Dessert Eagle Air Soft gun, painted flat black... I'm not sure why they call it air soft becuase there ain't nothing soft about the way this thing shoots.. Everyones going to have welts on there asses next time I start drinking at the river.
    Got a pair of Perry Ellis sweats that I'm not sure I'm ever going to take off.. Got a drink carrousel dealio. Holds 5 bottles of liquor upsdie down and dispenses exactly one shot at the touch of a button. Bunch of sweatshirts, and clothes, some cologne.. Some "other" stuff. I'd say my chick did me pretty right as far as Christmas goes.
    RD <--- pretty stoked

Lightning
    I got a 44 Dessert Eagle Air Soft gun, painted flat black... I'm not sure why they call it air soft becuase there ain't nothing soft about the way this thing shoots.. Everyones going to have welts on there asses next time I start drinking at the river.
    Got a pair of Perry Ellis sweats that I'm not sure I'm ever going to take off.. Got a drink carrousel dealio. Holds 5 bottles of liquor upsdie down and dispenses exactly one shot at the touch of a button. Bunch of sweatshirts, and clothes, some cologne.. Some "other" stuff. I'd say my chick did me pretty right as far as Christmas goes.
    RD <--- pretty stoked
    you must be pretty happy,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast