Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: window tinting

RP1
    Anyone have a hook-up or know of a good window tinter for a car. I have a guy scheduled for Friday to do all the window on the new ride but I would rather give my money to a hot boater.
    The guy quoted me $225 to do all the window.

Jordy
    I have a hookup on windows, but he's in Scottsdale so that won't help ya. He did all the windows in my truck, as well as all my buddies trucks and my company truck.

RP1
    I have a hookup on windows, but he's in Scottsdale so that won't help ya. He did all the windows in my truck, as well as all my buddies trucks and my company truck.
    There is a law in Ca. that does not allow tinting the front sides... just another stupid moneymaker for the man.

Jordy
    just another stupid moneymaker for the man.
    Isn't everything in Cali though?
    There are darkness laws and you're not supposed to have the windshield done, but if it's really light and just blocking out the UV's it's hard to tell.

HBjet
    $225 isn't bad for all of the windows. Are you doing the front window too (visor, or entire thing?)
    When I had my lowered dually, I had the front window completely tinted 50%. Cops loved that one. I told them I just boat it used that way. Used to be a fix it ticket, now it costs like 85 bucks (even for the 2 front door windows) and I think if you get 3 tickets in one year (maybe 2), then it counts as a point on your record. Thats messed up, because your driving skills don't change with or without window tint.
    HBjet

HBjet
    Oh, and if you do get the windshield down, spend the extra money and get a limo tint visor put on too. Then it looks like you just have a visor, not the entire windshield.... Never busted after that for the windshield....

Kilrtoy
    There is a law in Ca. that does not allow tinting the front sides... just another stupid moneymaker for the man.
    That seems kinda high, what kinda vehicle and
    the law is actually a GREAT ONE

BarryMac
    I've got all of my windows tinted, even the side ones, have never had a problem with the Police, I've heard that since it is a fix it ticket they don't harrase people too much, unless there doing something stupid...

NOTALENT
    $225 isn't bad for all of the windows. Are you doing the front window too (visor, or entire thing?)
    When I had my lowered dually, I had the front window completely tinted 50%. Cops loved that one. I told them I just boat it used that way. Used to be a fix it ticket, now it costs like 85 bucks (even for the 2 front door windows) and I think if you get 3 tickets in one year (maybe 2), then it counts as a point on your record. Thats messed up, because your driving skills don't change with or without window tint.
    HBjet
    yeah..but they cant see the activity going on in the cars...whether ur smoking ur blunt, drinking..or getting domsie..from ur ladys..what BS!! :burningm:

HBjet
    I understand the law, you can't see the person inside, etc... I just don't think it should count as a point if you get 3 in a year. No biggie. My truck now has the sides done, and they aren't the limo like the dually was, so no worries anymore. Besides, I just tell the cops I'm friends with Kilrtoy and then they let me go. Sometimes they let me run a few red lights with them too! haha!
    HBjet

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast