Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheap EZ-UP - Where to buy?

79Hawaiian
    I have been looking at buying an EZ UP shade, the EZ UP brand is around $120. A guy at Pyramid told me a placed off the 55 freeway had them for around $45. I thought he said "RCI" sporting goods but I can't find any reference of this place on the yellow pages or web.
    Anyone have a suggestion? Also are there features I should look for and/or stay away from?
    Thanks!

Froggystyle
    He was probably talking about "REI" and in the phone book, it is Recreational Equipment Incorporated.
    The only thing cheaper than an EZ-Up is the garbage tarp things. Don't bother.
    The better EZ-up is now made by a company called Variflex, and the model is the Quickshade. I have an EZ-up, and my buddy's have the Quickshade they bought at Sports Chalet. I like the QS way better. Nicer built, heavier construction etc... Plus, it doesn't have the fiberglass poles holding up the middle to break or get thrashed.
    Squirts up!

126driver
    There are different styles or "grades" of EZ-Ups. Here's the link: http://www.ezup4u.com/
    [ August 10, 2002, 11:52 PM: Message edited by: 126driver ]

79Hawaiian
    Froggy,
    You must be some kinda friggin super-human brianiac or something! Thanks for the info, I will look for the quickshade. Thanks!
    REI
    1411 Village Way (McFadden Place)
    Santa Ana, CA 92705-4714
    (714) 543-4142

Schiada76
    Quickshade is the only way to go, WAY better quality than a cheesy up.
    Plus the CEO of Variflex is an avid ***boater, owns a flat, a cat and BADASS daycruiser that will blow most flats off the water.
    Friends don't let friends buy cheesy ups.
    [ August 11, 2002, 10:23 AM: Message edited by: BradP ]

Chestah Cheetah
    I agree on the Quickshade. I bought one last season and used it almost every weekend at Pyramid (75_Elim took it there this weekend too). I think mine is 9'x9' up top and graduates to 10'x10' at the legs. $99 on sale at Sport Chalet.

JustMVG
    Just wanted to let you all know that the EZ Up company has a sale close to the end of the summer , they sell everything they make and it's damn cheap. If you can hold out for a few more weeks than this might be for you.
    I'll post as soon as the ads start.
    My.02 for whatever it's worth.
    See Ya Mike VG

JustMVG
    OOOPS sorry i forgot to say that the sale is out here in the I.E. KCAL radio 96.7 is where i have heard the ads. Mike

WETDAWG
    EZ - Up has a factory outlet store in Colton off the 210 just past the 60 heading northbound. Great prices (about half of retail) I think its the grand terrace exit.
    I bought mine there several years ago and it's still holding up great. I am gonna get a bigger one this year. Mine is a 10X10 and it is super easy to set up. No fibeglass poles and plenty of height. I paid $149. Check E bay as well but watch the shipping charges
    Good luck
    WD
    WD

beached1
    WETDAWG:
    EZ - Up has a factory outlet store in Colton off the 210 just past the 60 heading northbound. Great prices (about half of retail) I think its the grand terrace exit.
    I bought mine there several years ago and it's still holding up great. I am gonna get a bigger one this year. Mine is a 10X10 and it is super easy to set up. No fibeglass poles and plenty of height. I paid $149. Check E bay as well but watch the shipping charges
    Good luck
    WD
    WDIt's right next to the I215 on the south side in Grand T between the Iowa and Barton exits. They sell refurbished ones that have been damaged in shipping and new. I have 12' that was refurbished. Had it since 94 and it still works great. Paid $120. Have an 8' also. Bought it new for 60 bucks. They also sell all the parts to them.
    [ August 14, 2002, 07:45 AM: Message edited by: beached1 ]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast