Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling Ty Newton

I knew Jerry had something to do with this :idea: :idea:
    I find it strange how we have a new member "Mathew" in here as a result of this thread. Must be a Ty supporter or someone close to him. Welcome aboard Mathew. You know what they say, To be the best, you have to beat the best. This my chance at the best.
    This could be a really cool thing for the fans on Sunday in Phoenix.
    Jerry, I keep checking my mailbox hoping to see something from you. :frown:

BILLY.B
    Not to mention that Burley is Faulkner racing's own private test track. Jerry is right, the Burley race is the only place they run that PS boat, but the SS er may be faster than the PS.........Firebird, Tony better be on his game, cause Ty will be. I wonder if the 70 boat is getting a capsule too?? So what do you think a good SS boat runs down the straightaway?????, 110 to 112 on a good day. Now you take a guy like Tony thats not afraid to "MASH the GAS" in a good running "K" that will run around 125 to 130 or faster if needed at Phoenix, not Burley. Granted he has to slow down alot sooner because he's carrying so much more shoot speed and he has to be able to carry some of that speed thru the corner like a SS boat and thats where it gets tricky due to Tony's lack of experience. But if anyone will give it the OL' COLLEGE try it will be Tony. All he wants to do is have fun running his boat against some stiff competition and the Faulkner's SS-70 with Ty driving i'm sure will do the trick. Should be fun to watch no matter what the outcome is. As we all know the K's are second fiddle to the SS show and the K's need to pay there "DUE'S" :jawdrop: , or so i've been told. :hammer2:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    ....the SS er may be faster than the PS.........
    It may be faster than most everyone elses ProStock but not that one. Remember Ray, they run the GPS in both boats. I'm guessing Wooten's and Hals boats are faster too, they just don't turn them as hard.
    JG

BILLY.B
    Jerry you seem to be dodgeing the bullet on this topic....Cat got your tongue. Who's your pick seeing as you started this.

You gentlemen better hope Jim Anderson doesn't show. His boat will go 150+.

Yeah but he is only 3 feet 10 inches tall.

Moneypitt
    3 laps, with .83 straights VS .625 straights on a 4 lap course. (single pin turns). SS ers are running 115+(no one admits to 120) in the 5/8ths straights, and I'm sure Falkner racing will come geared to the longer straights. As Billy said, it should be something to see. This is a tough call here, that SS boat gets with the program, Tony will need a huge straightaway lead to hold off Ty through the turns. As far as running with the Ks in competition, we could never jump up with the PS boat because of the "Must be blown, supercharged, or turbo'd" rule. Does that rule still apply?............MP

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    I knew Jerry had something to do with this :idea: :idea:
    Of course you knew, it was my video. :idea: and remember who saw it first.
    Mouzer and Billy are the only ones with phx finals footage. Yours and Harts should be in the mail by the weeks end. It would have been done sooner but I had to put something together (of you and Jr) for the IHBA banquet.
    I'll have something up here too soon.
    Jerry

78Eliminator
    Is there some way to create some kind of points spread and determine the odds.....
    I wonder if we can get vegas involved, I got some money to bet.....
    :sqeyes: :supp: :supp:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Jerry you seem to be dodgeing the bullet on this topic....Cat got your tongue. Who's your pick seeing as you started this.
    I didn't start this. I just wanted to know why the 69 boat didn't show. I will still tell you what I think. On any normal ss course that those guys run (except burley) I think any of the top 3 superstocks would win. On the Phx "K" course I think Tony would win if he didn't mess up. The superstock guys will not mess up nor leave much room for error. I do think Ty's prostock would beat any of the K's at Burley if it runs as well as it did last year.
    Jerry :boxed:

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast