Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice on a cat

MarkK
    Hey everyone - I am switching over from a 29V into a cat. I have been getting info on DCB, Eliminator, Force. Any advice would be great from anyone - I want the most bang for my buck!

Kilrtoy
    If you are looking for bang for buck, Force will be hard to beat....
    Looked at all of them and as far as rigging and service DCB cant be touched....
    My opinion only, Eliminator is not what it used to be....
    let us know what you are getting

convincor
    Kiltroy, in your opinion, what are the things Eliminator used to do that they do not do now? Being from the East, I don't know alot about there history. As far as cats go there are not alot of choices here. They seem to be a good company.
    Any other opinions?
    If you are looking for bang for buck, Force will be hard to beat....
    Looked at all of them and as far as rigging and service DCB cant be touched....
    My opinion only, Eliminator is not what it used to be....
    let us know what you are getting

Kilrtoy
    I just dont think their rigging is what it used to be, they have grwon to be for their own good. When I called and had questions it took two days to even get a call back.....

kidstuf
    I just dont think their rigging is what it used to be, they have grwon to be for their own good. When I called and had questions it took two days to even get a call back.....
    kilrtoy - eliminator has been around for a long time... 36 years to be exact... over that period of time we have changed to meet the needs of our current customer, so you could say that we are not what we used to be, but to say that we have grown to be for our own good is far from the truth... we have one of the most aggressive r&d programs in the industry, but most importantly we have grown to be where we are today because of our happy and loyal customers.

Charley
    kilrtoy - eliminator has been around for a long time... 36 years to be exact... over that period of time we have changed to meet the needs of our current customer, so you could say that we are not what we used to be, but to say that we have grown to be for our own good is far from the truth... we have one of the most aggressive r&d programs in the industry, but most importantly we have grown to be where we are today because of our happy and loyal customers.
    I dont want to get into a heated debate about this again, but I will say from what I have heard and seen... Eliminator is definitely confronting and tackling some "issues" that may have been "problematic" a few years ago..... The reality is they are very capable of putting out an extremely nice product from the 909 location, but they also sell bare hulls to many others and the control on the rigging process is lost.. I think getting Rob King involved in re-design was a great move on thier part, as well as getting Tony from DCB in the rigging dept....
    I personally still like the lines of the Mach series over the Daytona series, but I'm just a big DCB Cheerleader

pleasantcat
    very well put!
    i've been nothing but happy dealing with eliminator.i had a boat from another manufacturer and never from day one did i get the service i get at eliminator.as far as product... i've yet to see any negative press on a boat they build.that's my opinoin from owning a daytona.

Keith E. Sayre
    If you're coming to the LA boatshow, stop by and see our new 28' Boss Cat.
    It's a totally redesigned bottom with 2 steps and lots of speed! The tooling
    was done by Scott Kornowki, he did the E ticket boats and the Nordic molds
    in the late 90's. Very talented tooler. I've had several people comment that
    it is the best looking cat they've ever seen. I'm hoping that they're not stroking us! We put a 525 with an ITS box and a shortie Imco lower on it
    and it ran 86+ mph on gps with 4 guys in it half full of gas and in smooth
    sticky water. It's a 90+ mph boat with that 525 package! No porpoise and
    it turns like our deckboat! Super trick bottom! I'll post a picture or two tommorrow morning at work.
    Keith Sayre
    Conquest Boats
    928-680-1400

phebus
    Can't wait to see the pictures. This is an exciting time of the year. There should be a lot of nice new model boats at the L.A. Boat Show. I can't wait, and plan on going a couple of days.

Charley
    If you're coming to the LA boatshow, stop by and see our new 28' Boss Cat.
    It's a totally redesigned bottom with 2 steps and lots of speed! The tooling
    was done by Scott Kornowki, he did the E ticket boats and the Nordic molds
    in the late 90's. Very talented tooler. I've had several people comment that
    it is the best looking cat they've ever seen. I'm hoping that they're not stroking us! We put a 525 with an ITS box and a shortie Imco lower on it
    and it ran 86+ mph on gps with 4 guys in it half full of gas and in smooth
    sticky water. It's a 90+ mph boat with that 525 package! No porpoise and
    it turns like our deckboat! Super trick bottom! I'll post a picture or two tommorrow morning at work.
    Keith Sayre
    Conquest Boats
    928-680-1400
    That sounds super impressive.... congrats Keith!

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast