Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: indiana peeps

rude235
    i'm looking for some boaters in the northern indiana area. specifically the jimmerson lake/lake james area. it's very near angola, IN. i no longer live there but grew up in there and would love to see the lake cottage and the surrounding lake area. if any of you do any boating (i guess this time of year it would be snow mobiling) i'd love to chat with ya. thanx.

Blacksheep
    Hey Rude,
    I used to live on Snow Lake in North Snow Bay, my parents still do. Attended TSU in Angola as well. I go up to the lake quite often, in fact I was up there over Christmas. I'm living down in Indy now by Geist Reservoir off exit 10 on I-69 but I do go back up to visit quite often. Shoot me a PM if you wanna talk.

superdave013
    Geist Reservoir, I'm from Anderson just up I-69.
    My mom grew up in Angola. Her farther Carl Wiess owned Wiess Machinery that's now long gone. But he did leave his mark. He built a generator that was steam powered from the boilers that ran his shop. That was the first electric power in Angola. My uncle has the generator and restored it. It's pretty cool.
    He also had the first power boat on Lake James. In fact it's still in the lake as the horses could not pull it out and they sank it off of Lone Tree Point before the lake froze over. That had to of hurt!!
    Anyway my mother just sent me a ton of pic of the all the lakes, mostly James, Jimmerson and Snow from the 20's - 40. Pretty cool stuff. Now that there is some intrest I'll scan them when I get a change.
    We had a summer house in second basin on Lone Tree point straight across from Bledso's (sp) beach. Folks tore it down and built a nice pad now. My brother has a place 2 doors down.
    Any of you guys know a guy named Greg Gick? When to school in Freemont. We were pretty good friends as kids.
    Anyway I'm the little guy smack in the middle of the pic. Yup, that was my front yard! Life sure was good back then.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...s_12up-med.jpg

superdave013
    Blacksheep, you didn't happen to drive around in a Correct Craft Southwind did ya?

Blacksheep
    SuperDave,
    Great Pic!!! I recognize the shoreline!!! I know exactly where you are talking.
    Nope...usually a 20 ft Charger bassboat with 200 EFI Merc.
    Also used to go out in my friends Nautique (blue and purple) alot and do some skiing.
    So do you get back here often? Looks like you live out in CA now. You're missin all the snow/rain right now. Lots of flooding!!!

superdave013
    I'm not missing any rain trust me. It's been raining forever it seem. Raining right now and they say snow/blizzerd conditions with up to 70mph winds at 5,000' elv and up.
    I don't get back often enough and when I do it always seems to be in the winter. I was back in early December for the PRI show in Indy.
    It's been it the 30's in the early am. I'll tell ya what, I didn't move to So Cal to see my breath!

Sir Psycho Sexy
    Just got finished shoveling snow here in Lebanon IN. I'll swap SoCal for the hoosier anyday. Plus you can actualy find boats out there.

Blacksheep
    Yeah no kidding. I shoveled another 4 inches this morning. Just to have it melt in a couple of days with 60 deg temps and more rain for Thurs and Fri.
    I think we've had enough snow and rain to last the year!!!!
    Did you get any ice up near Lebanon earlier this week?

Sir Psycho Sexy
    Yeah, about half of Boone county is still out of power. We got hit pretty hard.

rude235
    superdave, that's an awesome pic!! i'll see if my folks have some pics of jimmerson. i spent most of my "growing up" years there but i've never looked at a map of the lake so i don't know if each of the basins has it's own name. the boat we used to run around in was a hydrodyne tournament skier with a johnson 135 outboard. it was all white with red, white and blue stripes across the deck. from what i'm told by my dad and his brothers and sisters, our lake cottage was one of the first places on the lake. it was originally purchased by my grandparents i think in the 40's or 50's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast