Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WHY IS MY BOAT SO SLOW!!!!

Joker,
    I have to agree with what you said. Good advice.
    I think a little 18 jet running 5000 with an A would be closer to somewhere between 65 and 70.
    But again, a Stock (and tired?) 454 pulling a fresh rebuild with a A impeller at 5000? Ain't gonna happen. Not unless something was done wrong in the pump, which in this case is obvious.
    Should run 4500-4600 all day long.
    [This message has been edited by old rigger (edited August 24, 2001).]

Old Charger
    Hey 1000mhz, (whats that mean anyways?)
    Sorry to hear about yer probs. with ADM. I went there once to buy a used rudder for my ride. I think I got an okay price, but I dont think I'd ever take my pump there for work.
    The guy WAS a TOTAL ASS, the type you could tell shouldnt be in this business, especially if he doesnt enjoy anymore. Then, with all the ads in Hot Boat, here in this forum, and the yellow pages, I was kinda expecting a large, nice shop. Nope. The walk in area was TINY and stacked with books and crap all over the place, like 4 ft tall. I dunno, I dont want to judge a place by its looks, but that place kinda gave me the heebies. Plus I'd be afraid he'd loose some of my parts in the mess!!

Aduner2
    Hey 1000mhz
    1) If you have an e pump, it would be difficult to remove from boat. The suction piece is bolted and epoxed to the hull. The intake is molded into the bottom of the hull. There is no transom adapter and the hand hole is outside the hull. Sounds like you have either a "C" or "G" (split bowl)pump.
    2) How did you come up with 40 mph? Speedo, gps, racing friend?
    Depending on the condition of the motor and a properly working tach, 5000 rpm with an "A" impeller would take about 350-400 hp. I would agree with most that you should be in the mid-high 60's if properly trimmed out.

1000mhz
    I love the responces you get from this forum!
    flat broke and chet have some problems. I have reviewed a lot of posts here and noticed that you guys DO NOT get along at all.
    I do have to agree with flat broke a little more than Chet.
    If I were extremely satisfied with the work
    performed on my boat, I would be pushing business all over for the guy.
    Ill say it for you, Im new and dont know shit! But I just think you guys have some great advice, and even better you get
    two totally different views on the subject.
    thats what makes this forum so great. I guess the bashing adds to the fun, so keep it comming. Im thinking (hoping) that there would be chuckles more than fists thrown whenever you guys get together on one of these get togethers.
    Anyway, back to ME and MY problems....
    Chet, the ID plate is ripped off but I identified it as a JG pump.
    Flat-broke, Don at ADM wasnt in today, but I am getting a lot of E Mail talking a lot of crap on ADM.
    I have learned my lesson.
    Thanks for the info on MPD.
    OldCharger,
    1000mhz (speed of my PC) for us computer geeks. Im on a lot of different forums, so I keep the same name and password so I can always post no matter where I am.
    Aduner2, It appears I have a G pump. I gotta say Im very happy to find this out. After looking at the diagrams it looks like a much better pump than the E!
    You guys are great and thanks for all the great info.

ChetCapoli
    BTW CHET, nowhere did I say have Jack rebuild your pump. I Was merely pointing him to a knowledgable source on setup etc. Lay off with the attitude and instigating.
    [This message has been edited by flat broke (edited August 24, 2001).][/B][/QUOTE]
    (please dont say anything to chet)
    [This message has been edited by flat broke
    (edited August 24,2001).][/B][/QUOTE]
    hey flatbroke....i'm a little confused on the above...care to elaborate?
    BTW, 1000
    if flatbroke brings the pom pom club's special donuts, i'll meet him anytime. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
    CHET

Leon
    the only guy I ever seen agree with Chet was none other than Slowboat 001!

Leon
    Hell of a marketing plan eh? Advertise all over hell then do substandard work and treat all of the people who respond to your ads like $hit. Three cheers for ADM!

ChetCapoli
    Hey leon,
    What kind of boat did you say you have?

Bubbledeck2
    OK, let's look at this scientifically ...
    ADM and MPD both have 3 letters in their name.
    Both places do pump work for boats.
    ADM seems to treat people badly and people that go there walk away unhappy.
    MPD supplies customers with donuts.
    MPD seems to have a happy and loyal following.
    So my conclusion here is that donuts will always attract more people than a@@holes.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast