Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Announcing GIROUX CUSTOM BOATS (COLE TR2, HONDO XH511T)

BOAT ANCHOR
    Pete Giroux of Giroux Custom Boats, wanted me to post this in hopes of clearing up some of the mistery as to where the Cole Runner Bottom (TR2) and Cole Hydro molds are. Pete Giroux (Giroux Custom Boats, Imperial, Ca. (760) 337-2681 shop, or (818) 203-8695 cell) has possession of and is manufacturing boats from the Cole TR2 Runner Bottom mold (the REAL ONE), one of the Hondo XH511T Runner Bottom molds, the original Cole Hydro mold (the one his 1981Cole "Giroux Engineering Special" BGH came out of), and the Cole/Deaver Top Fuel Hydro mold. He has access to the Cole TR3 mold. The TR4 mold is around somewhere, as a new boat out of the TR4 mold showed up at the last NJBA race as well as at Phoenix, in November of 2004. As this is being written, a new Cole TR2 is being laid up at Giroux's shop in Imperial, Ca. The hull is all white gelcote and is being laid up with the finest modern materials available. The stringers are inch and a quater thick CLEAR WHITE ASH (that are extremely straight and been run through a commercial drum sander after milling), and the floors, kick board, and transom wood, are marine grade plywood with white ash veneer (professionally bonded to the marine plywood in a press with marine grade glue by the marine plywood supplier) which is slightly stained (light honey color) with a resin/fiberglass compatible stain system. The interior if the hull will be blacked out around the wood in the floors as well as the sides of the hull. The center keel portion of the hull is being blacked out with BLACK CARBON FIBER (edged with black gelcote so that the frayed edge of the black carbon from cutting to width, is not visible). The interior finished sides, floors, kick board, and
    interior transom will be flow coated. The deck of the TR2 will be attached/tabbed to the bottom portion of the hull while both deck and bottom are still in their respective molds thus assuring a perfect fit as well as assuring that each boat out of the mold is the same and not altered (dimensionally or shape wise) by the way the deck fits. This hull should be out of the mold and ready for public display by mid January 2005. Stage one hulls include raw cavitation plates installed (no cavitation plate hardware), steel strut and fin installed, prop shaft hole drilled, seam ready for paint (gelcoted seam available as an option). The hulls are available in any stage of completion from bare hull to turn key. The Cole TR2 and the Hondo XH511T are also being offered with a WOOD DECK as an option, in either a "Straight" or "T Deck" configuration (When's the last time you saw a runner bottom with a wood "T" deck????) Pete currently has a Hondo XH511T that's getting a wood deck created and installed up in North Fork, Ca.(Bass Lake), and hopes to unveil it some time in the Spring of 2005 (Bakersfield). Giroux Custom Boats are entirely custom and Pete is willing to undertake what ever your requests might be (gelcote color, lamination schedule, lamination material {cloth and resin systems} variety of different woods (ash,oak,douglas fur) for stringer and floors, laminated stringers to match laminated gunwales used for the wood deck option, balsa floors, carbon fiber, aluminum honeycomb structure/carbon panel, ect,ect,ect,) to ensure the boat is a one of a kind piece. Pete also manufactures his own "custom" tube boat trailers, with all the custom features (chrome fenders, polished stainless steel fenders, disk brakes, removable tong, swing away tong, chrome rudder guards, with SS rollers, frenched LED lights (tail and clearance), over size tubing, steps (with diamond plate) or step less, chrome floater bar, wheels) or he can provide you with a Custom Ellis Trailer with the same custom options mentioned above, if preferred. Giroux Custom Boats is currently taking orders for New Custom Cole TR2's and Hondo XH511T's. His boats are going to be a cut above the average and definitely deserve a look from the discriminating v drive flat/runner bottom public. Give Pete a call at (760) 337-2681 shop, or (818) 203-8695 cell, or myself Scott (805) 584-3033, and discuss your requirements with us, we'll be glad to talk to you. THANKS

Sherpa
    only wish I was in a position to order up a TR2............
    --Sherpa

superdave013
    BA, thanks for posting that. Hearing all about it and seeing the pics of a Hondo (just wait 'till ya guys see this sucker, even the Millers will like it) I was having a hard time keeping my mouth shut. lol
    So you see Her454, I can keep a secret, just not yours.
    BTW, that was one long ass paragraph.

ACCEPTENCE
    If the price is right...Cousin Bob is lookin for a new ride!!!

72Hallett
    Very interesting. Any indication on the price range?

BOAT ANCHOR
    If the price is right...Cousin Bob is lookin for a new ride!!!
    Give Pete Giroux a call at (760) 337-2681 shop or (818) 203-8695 cell. He'll be glad to discuss options, delivery dates, and pricing. He's only a phone call away.

BOAT ANCHOR
    Very interesting. Any indication on the price range?
    Give Pete Giroux a call at (760) 337-2681 shop (Imperial, Ca.) or (818) 203-8695 cell. He'll be glad to discuss options, delivery dates, and pricing. He would love to build you a new boat. Give him a call.

PLASTIC MAN
    Forget About The Tr2 And Hondo, How About The Tr4 And Tr6?????

BOAT ANCHOR
    Plastic Man:
    You seam to have the answer to your own question about the TR4, or did you forget ?????
    PLASTIC MAN
    new stage 1 TR4???
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    undefined
    Hearing that the "lost" Cole 7/8" Runnerbottom, Raised deck TR4 flatbottom mold has been recovered and is ready for new production!!! Interested parties need to email mitchelldedic@sbcglobal.net

superdave013
    Forget About The Tr2 And Hondo, How About The Tr4 And Tr6?????
    Well look what the cat drug in. lol It took me awhile but yes, it did click on who you are. The screen name should have gave it away on post #1.
    I guess now the question is, other them me, who doesn't have a flat mold? Billy will prolly get a B mold next. This could get interesting.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast