Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Don Pedro - need info

69 Elim
    Hey - I'm thinking about doing a house boat trip to Don Pedro this summer. I've been to Shasta and done the house boat thing many times, except Don Pedro is much closer to me.
    my questions are, is there a popular hang out area in Don Pedro (I've never been there). Do they have fire works there for the 4th of July?
    any other suggestions? I've been to McClure several times which is real close to Don Pedro - and usually have the lake to myself.

bocco
    Yes they do fireworks every year at the Flemming Meadows end of the lake. There is a cove that's nick named 4th of July cove where all the houseboats hang out. It gets to be a pretty good party. It's near Blue Oaks and across the lake from the private houseboat marina. You get a perfect view from the roof of your boat. Be sure to rent the houseboat from Don Pedro Marina not Mocasin point. Mocasin point is at the other end of the lake and it's a 16 mile trip in a slow boat. It's the same boats and the same company just different location. Watch out for the sheriff when your in your ski boat. They work OT that weekend.
    Look for a private houseboat named "High Maintenance" with a 20' Eliminator tied to it and stop by and say Hi.
    Gary

Eliminator 4 Life
    Well since I graduated from Don Pedro HS and worked at the marina as a kid. There is no comparison in my book Mc Clure vs DP. Pedro is way better I go there every weekend excpet when Im in Havasu. 4Th of July is a blast up there tons of people go there to watch the fireworks and launch ramp afterwards is a great show. Like bocco said I would rent the houseboat from the Flemming meadow side. There is a one spot on the lake that is starting to get good and usually on 3 day weekends. We call it the waterfall its on your way up to Mocasin on the right kinda hard to fine unless you know where to look. Hope this helps if you neeed anymore info let me know the houseboat rental company is forever resorts and they will be at the Pleasanton boat show or they usually are.

69 Elim
    thanks guys, we just picked up a new 21 foot shockwave step skier and can't wait till summer.

mike37
    hey you guys we have a naci bash set up you need to start a Don Pedro bash
    set it up so we can all meet up

Eliminator 4 Life
    :jawdrop: Mike lets wait and see how the Naci bash goes

Rocket-J
    We have gotten to a point where every year we go to the same lake at the same time.
    Don Pedro at Mocason Point for Memorial Day. We love that side of the lake.
    Havasu for Spring Break in April.
    Shasta at Antlers for the 4th. We stop at Trinity for 3 days then Shasta for 5 days.
    Sac Delta at Towers in August.
    Berryessa for Labor day.
    All other events fit in between the regularly scheduled programs. Our groups range from 3 to 30 plus and anyone is welcome to join in. Most info is posted on Banderlog.com or LaidBackBoaters.com. Our favorite outing is Lake Shasta but our favorite lake is Trinity. Al

Sleeper
    If you want to rent a houseboat from FOREVER RESORTS at Don Pedro for this 4th you better hurry they sell out early and the camp grounds usually sell out a year in advance. Best of Luck.

Desert Rat
    thanks guys, we just picked up a new 21 foot shockwave step skier and can't wait till summer.
    Is that giong to cause a name change??? :idea: pretty much the same hull as my Caliber1 206 skier, you will like the boat. Very nice ride for a 21'

1Bahnerjet
    There is no comparison in my book Mc Clure vs DP.
    on that Ride from Barrett Cove to Horseshoe Bend on McClure the Hills seem Higher & Steeper, just makes for more Dramatic Scenery. goin' though the Canyon on DP is Cool also. Even though McClure is Smaller & a little Harder to get to, I think its less Crowded & in some parts Smoother, Important in an 18' Shallow V jet Boat.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast