Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Don Pedro - need info

Three Days Only
    Don Pedro is a really nice lake. I spent many summer weekends at the lake when I was wakeboarding, it was primarily the only lake we would go to. Launching out of Fleming Meadows is the ticket, im not sure about the houseboat thing there. You can boat in camp on much of the shoreline but the lake really is not that big to do the whole houseboat thing. Mead, Shasta, & Powell in my opinion are large enough to spend the money on a houseboat. You can also camp at Fleming Meadows, and if you have an RV you can get full hook-ups. It is a nice lake, and the fireworks show by the dam is one of the best I have seen on a lake anywhere. New Malones above Don Pedro is also nice but it just doesnt have the same vibe as Don Pedro its alot quiter. Mc Clure in my opinion is for fisherman, if you want to party DP is the spot up there. That or the Delta.

69 Elim
    Is that giong to cause a name change??? :idea: pretty much the same hull as my Caliber1 206 skier, you will like the boat. Very nice ride for a 21'
    Na - forget the name change - no big deal to me anyways. I do love the new boat though.
    thanks for the camping heads up. looks like I need to decide ASAP.

Eliminator 4 Life
    Don Pedro is a really nice lake. I spent many summer weekends at the lake when I was wakeboarding, it was primarily the only lake we would go to. Launching out of Fleming Meadows is the ticket, im not sure about the houseboat thing there. You can boat in camp on much of the shoreline but the lake really is not that big to do the whole houseboat thing. Mead, Shasta, & Powell in my opinion are large enough to spend the money on a houseboat. You can also camp at Fleming Meadows, and if you have an RV you can get full hook-ups. It is a nice lake, and the fireworks show by the dam is one of the best I have seen on a lake anywhere. New Malones above Don Pedro is also nice but it just doesnt have the same vibe as Don Pedro its alot quiter. Mc Clure in my opinion is for fisherman, if you want to party DP is the spot up there. That or the Delta.
    Don Pedro is big not like Powell but it has a ton of room

Three Days Only
    Don Pedro is big not like Powell but it has a ton of room
    Just not big enough for a week on a house boat. IMO. We get from Fleming Medows to Mocassin in less then 15 - 20 minutes. Still my favorite lake which is north of me. Good people and good times

Heatseeker
    I've spent plenty of weeks houseboating on Don Pedro and I think it's plenty big enough. There are alot of feeder arms to hide in and some very nice scenery up near where the Tuolumne river feeds in. You can drive right up to white water at certain times of the year.
    The cove Bocco(How've you been Gary?) mentioned above, for watching the 4th fireworks is called Mexican Gulch. Get there a couple of days early for a decent spot. It fills up fast.
    One thing is for sure, since Forever took over both marinas, bring your wallet! They've over-inflated every cost associated with boating/houseboating on that lake! We don't buy anything but ice from the fockers anymore!!!
    If you really want to piss them off, let them see you fill your boat from trucked in gas cans! They love that sh!t :wink: .

Eliminator 4 Life
    I agree with heatseeker

mike37
    Iv gota do a trip to this lake this year

Eliminator 4 Life
    Iv gota do a trip to this lake this year
    Mike let me know and Ill meet you up there this year

MOBrien
    I think a DP ***boat gathering is in order. It kills me to go to the waterfall and see floating masses of 20 wakeboard boats and no groups of ***boats.....let's get er dun! I'm down. :idea:

mike37
    OK it will be before the dam run or after the naci bash
    Iwant to hit more northern lakes and the deltas this year to

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast