Thread: Info/Avenger Jet Boats

ky river rat
    Hello,I was wondering if anyone has any info about Avenger jet boats? I've always wanted a hot boat and this past summer purchased a 1976 Avenger, manufactured by cee bee Manufact. in CA. Thanks for any info on this hull if it's a good quality boat worth investing money into.

PUMP kin
    I circle raced one for a couple of summers but it was an outboard. was very sweet to drive. If they don't have the fuel tank up frount like a tahiti it should be a nice ride

jeff-in-ky
    Hey, A fellow KY jetter-welcome to the boards KYRR. You can try the following link to see what coast guard info there is on your boat http://www.uscgboating.org/mf/mf_srchMIC.ASP#mic I live in so.KY on Barren River Lake. Good luck with your boat.

ky river rat
    Hey Jeff,
    Nice to meet you. Was wondering do you boat at Nolin Lake? Can you tell me some good places where Hot Boats hang out in Ky? I'm new, my second boat, first Hot Boat. Had a blast last year on the Ohio river, but did not see all summer but a couple Hot boats.
    Thanks for the link I'll check it out.
    Can't wait for summer to get here.
    Later, Tim

Harlem
    I owned a 1971 Avenger a few years ago. I had the front mounted feul tank wich creates alot of extra weight up front. the boat handled perfectly from smooth water to rough water conditions. I noticed though that the hull without anything in it is very heavy! I personally sold it because of that. I knew if I ever wanted to get alot of speed out of a boat it wouldnt be in that hull. If you will be happy with a speed of 60mph and no more then it's a great boat. If you want to go faster than that in that boat "break out your wallet" you know what boat stands for "BREAK OUT ANOTHER THOUSAND"
    Harlem

jjlockne
    I picked up a Avenger late last summer witout engine and interior. So far I have a rebuilt 455, repainted white with red flames, and have redone the interior. Broke in the 455 in the driveway this fall and can't wait to hit the water next summer.

crzyhotrod
    Originally posted by Harlem:
    I owned a 1971 Avenger a few years ago. I had the front mounted feul tank wich creates alot of extra weight up front. the boat handled perfectly from smooth water to rough water conditions. I noticed though that the hull without anything in it is very heavy! I personally sold it because of that. I knew if I ever wanted to get alot of speed out of a boat it wouldnt be in that hull. If you will be happy with a speed of 60mph and no more then it's a great boat. If you want to go faster than that in that boat "break out your wallet" you know what boat stands for "BREAK OUT ANOTHER THOUSAND"
    Harlem
    HEY HARLEM--WHATS UPWITH THE NO RESPONSES ABOUT OUR PREVIOUS DISCUSSION ON YOUR MOPAR--HOW ABOUT LETTING ME KNOW SOMETHING....BEGINNING TO WONDER IF YA R YANKING MY CHAIN--DAVE

bajaruner
    I have a "72 Avenger jet running a mild 468 bbc, no blower, no NOS, engine turns 4850rpm, berkley pump balanced and blue printed, loader grate, ride plate and a 5 deg+ wedge between bowl and nozzle. Fuel tanks have been relocated to the rear with rear bench seat facing foward. Boat rides slightly nose high with minimal wet surface, for it's weight with just the driver the boat will run a honest 82mph on radar, not to bad for such a heavy boat. relocating the fuel tanks was the cheapest performance gain you can do to this boat for the dollar. overall it's been a great boat!