Thread: Whats The Deal On The Boat Sinking???

DansBlown73Nordic
    I have never seen a thread with so much Drama....Guys from Texas coming to dive.... :sqeyes: Snow storms.....Rain.....How did all this turn into such a MESS???????Im just curious......

flat broke
    I have never seen a thread with so much Drama....Guys from Texas coming to dive.... :sqeyes: Snow storms.....Rain.....How did all this turn into such a MESS???????Im just curious......
    I'm not sure, and I know that lots of other people are asking the same question. But the moral to the story is... If you dump a good sum of money into a boat and aren't comfortable with the thought of leaving it on the bottom of a lake should the worst case scenario present itself, you should have adequate insurance on your boat to either A. salvage it, or B. pay any environmental fines accrued due to the sinking and replace what ya built.
    The deal definitely sucks for the guy who lost his boat, but whats next? Donations to help the guy that just rebuilt his motor and spun a bearing on his first time out? This sport/hobby cost money, and to pursue it to the level that a lot of the folks around here do, it costs LOTS of money. With every activity there are risks, and if you aren't prepared to deal with the possible worst case scenarios, you shouldn't be participating. With all that said, I hope they find the boat and it is able to be repaired before summer so that the owner and his family can enjoy it.
    Chris

superdave013
    The deal definitely sucks for the guy who lost his boat, but whats next? Donations to help the guy that just rebuilt his motor and spun a bearing on his first time out?
    Chris
    I think they should donate to the get Flatbroke a new Z150 or 66 fund.
    inside joke that I don't think many will get

DansBlown73Nordic
    I just found the post about the hole story. Now I understand a little better. Im glad the guy is ok thats the most important thing.
    I would think they can find the boat. Anybody have any idea what kind of a current they may be dealing with?

flat broke
    I think they should donate to the get Flatbroke a new Z150 or 66 fund.
    inside joke that I don't think many will get
    Hey Man, I'm not looking for a hand out, just a good deal Besides, at the rate things are going with the weather, I'll have time to spec an 06 fork and not have any missed riding I hope ya stayed relatively dry at the swap this morning. It was rainin, so I stayed in bed.
    Chris

Floored
    not a big current but water is rising 5-6 ft a day and rainy and windy conditions. hard to look for teltale oil, gas or air bubbles. altogether a bad deal. Without the friendship they have and teamwork all you could do is "HELLO ALLSTATE". I believe they will succede even if it takes awhile. NO BOAT WILL BE LEFT BEHIND or something like that.

Liberator TJ1984
    Ken, aka " Lewd Act " on the boards lost his boat at Jetfest last year on Lake Corpus Christi, he hired Divers and cost him somewhere in the neighborhood of 4K to recover it / Less tear down and rebuild costs :idea: lot's of people saw where it went down and stiil had hell findin' it !!! ( murky water ) stayed down for 29 days +-
    BTW He came back to win the 8 sec. class @ Smokin' in the Cove in the same boat after it had been recovered http://www.motorsportspictures.com/smokin/2004/images/04smokin37.jpg