Thread: Place Diverter?

Havasu_Jet_85
    I have a 1985 19' Bahner Bubble Deck, 454 (pretty much stock) and a 12JG Berk. pump. Im planning on getting a Diverter within the next couple weeks when I re-build my pump. My question is should I get a droop or not. Ive herd good and bad things about them. And when I get the diverter should I get manual or Hyd.? I just thought I'd ask the experts first. Thanks Bryce

HoffmanEagleMarine
    Bryce, The hyd. or manual is just personal preference. There is a $200? difference or close to that. You don't have to take your hands off of the wheel with the hyd. version.... You can buy two different nozzles when you order the diverter. I like the one with a reducer ring already machined in the end. You can then play with different size reducer rings. We have had good luck with the droop snoots. They give most boats good lift and turn your nozzle up approx. 7 degrees. You might have to play around with various degree rings to help set up your ride the way you want...Doug :220v:

Jake W2
    I would say that is some good advise.
    Jake

SSTSleakcraft
    From Place diverter, unless you buy the FTN (fine tune nozzle) with the bushings previously mentiontioned the nozzle will come 3.25 bore. The were always 3.125 and this worked well, then they changed them..?. They said 3.25 works better on the majority of the newer bigger boats that make up the majority of their sales. Start adding horsepower and a smaller impellar and lauching with a 3.25 becomes difficult. Spend the extra money on the FTN and play with nozzle size to better suit your application. You may find 3.125 works best.

HoffmanEagleMarine
    Your right! The standard size was 3.125 and now a lot larger for the bigger jet boats. The rings cost around $40, so you could try a smaller size and maybe sell if it did not work. We found the 3.0 and 3 1/16 to work good on a smaller boat.....Just a thought... :220v:

Havasu_Jet_85
    Ok thanks Guys... Bryce

Give Me Some Slack
    How much does a place diverter cost?

MudPumper
    Twins, I ordered mine from CPPerformance because they offer a kit with everything you need. I think I paid about $600 for it and it is the best single upgrade you can put on a jetboat. It was good seeing you guys yesterday.

Give Me Some Slack
    I think we are going to get one before the season starts. Are they hard to install?

MudPumper
    Not at all, piece of cake.