Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Need Some Help

DCB
    Dont know if this will do any good posting this here, but DCB could use a couple of good laminators with experience. If anyone knows someone who is seeking employment please have them contact Carlos

Kilrtoy
    What happen to the ones you had...

DCB
    Still have them, but could use a couple more.

Havasu Hangin'
    Where do I submit my application?
    Is Carlos still wearing women's clothing?

MC ORION
    Tell DCB to talk to the ones that Ultra has. They seem to be able to buy Ultra's people behind their back.
    It is hard enough to do bussiness and find good people to do your work, But it is really hard to believe that people can be bought especially after you trained them and taught them everything they know to make them the second best in the industry. We still have the best in the bussiness.
    Any ways I love this bussiness, but I am never training anybody else to do my job again!!!
    There is no loyalty in our line of work, what ever happened to courtesy and professional integrity?

Kilrtoy
    Tell DCB to talk to the ones that Ultra has. They seem to be able to buy Ultra's people behind their back.
    It is hard enough to do bussiness and find good people to do your work, But it is really hard to believe that people can be bought especially after you trained them and taught them everything they know to make them the second best in the industry. We still have the best in the bussiness.
    Any ways I love this bussiness, but I am never training anybody else to do my job again!!!
    There is no loyalty in our line of work, what ever happened to courtesy and professional integrity?
    ok continue the riddle in english, im a little slow

Jrocket
    We still have the best in the bussiness.
    Ok I give...who's "We"?

DrewDown
    There is no loyalty in our line of work, what ever happened to courtesy and professional integrity?You are obviously the best. Thats why you have to get on here and tell us you are.

MC ORION
    Well, here is the story...
    Today i had a talk with my gelcoater which happens to be the same gelcoater for Ultra custom boats. I trained this guy for the last 5 years and showed him all of my techniques and secrets of gelcoat. As most of you know we have been kind of succesfull at keeping our work at the top of the market with some of the best companies out there. Well now he is going to work for DCB.
    The only thing that bothers me is that for the last 9 years that I have worked here in San Diego, I was told by Jhon West that there was a gentlemans agreement if you will, between DCB and Ultra that professional courtesy was in order when trying to hire somebody from either DCB or Ultra.
    Our gelcoater was approached without so much as a phone call to either Jhon or me.
    Jaime is a great gelcoater and he will make DCB an even better company with his gelcoat work. I just think a little (hey we could use some help phone call) would have been nice. I know we can not stop Jaime from leaving and we wish him the best, but the way all of this was done upsets me.
    Any way life goes on, and it just means that I will have to go back to gelcoating full time. I am one of those who does not trust just any body with my work. That was the reason I spent so much time teaching and perfecting Jaime's technique.
    I just feel like I was stabbed in the back, and my first post was probably just venting because I was soooo upset.
    I hope this explains it.
    And now that I wrote about it, I feel much better.
    Martin

Charley
    :idea: no offense Martin but aren't you the same Martin who just tooled a new boat and started his own boat company? Sounds to me like Jaime is doing exactly what you are doing..... the best he can do for Jaime

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast