Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: For those of you thinking about moving to Phoenix

SCUBA STEVE
    Where in the heck is Carefree?
    Looks like we should have moved here 5 years agao. :wink:
    We live in Mesa 85206. They must have included the trailer park homes in the average. Over where my daughters school is, the smallest home is going for 300k. I am not sure what zip the estate homes are on Val Vista is (orange grove homes) but I know some of those houses start in the high 800's + s

THOR
    After visiting friends in the Phoenix area, I would move to:
    Carefree
    Scottsdale
    Paradise Valley
    those would be my top 3.

THOR
    Want to move from HB to Maricopa County. Looking @ Verrado right now. I see Maricopa has the 3rd largest job growth in the US. Problem is, the wife wants to keep our house here and buy one there. Kinda think that defeats the purpose. My thought was to cash out and buy for cash. Bank the rest. Am I wrong to cash out? We could rent the house here and clear $1,000.00 per month, but you still got the payments on the new dig then. Where are the Villages web site?
    Keep your HB house. You will be thankful in 20 years you did.

Powerquestboy
    We live in Mesa 85206. They must have included the trailer park homes in the average. Over where my daughters school is, the smallest home is going for 300k. I am not sure what zip the estate homes are on Val Vista is (orange grove homes) but I know some of those houses start in the high 800's + s
    Carefree is way north like Carefree Highway and scottsdale road. Carfree Highway is the same road Lake Pleasant is on if you have been there. Really nice community's up there.

Jordy
    Scotsdale is the snooty part of town housing is very expensive.
    There's a little more to it than that. But hey, the westside is full of trailerparks, thugs, and everything bad that you see on the news.
    Scottsdale has a pretty detailed website. We do some work for them and have a big generator out on one of their water treatment sites. Everyone I've dealt with at the city has been very cool to work with. Don't know what else you would want to know.

jmm
    My sister and her husband recently had a house built in Surprise, AZ. From the time they signed the contract and they moved into the house, the house went up in value $50,000.00. Real Estate is booming in that area. They are now going to sell that house and are in the process of having another one built. Nice way to profit $50,000 in less than a year. :idea:
    I am going to visit them in February; I always look forward to the trips out there. Weather is beautiful every day, so unlike here in upstate NY. :cry:

Jordy
    Carefree is way north like Carefree Highway and scottsdale road. Carfree Highway is the same road Lake Pleasant is on if you have been there. Really nice community's up there.
    Scuba, we'll have to add it to the Scuba's Across Arizona tour. There are some fun bars up in the Carefree/Cave Creek area. Harolds, Satisfied Frog, Buffalo Chip, and then on the way back down the hill, we can stop at Greasewood for a green chile cheese burger.

FreddieB81
    Carefree is north of Scottsdale, around Scottsdale Rd. and Carefree Highway. It's a pretty small, but wealthy town...

Sane Asylum
    There's a little more to it than that. But hey, the westside is full of trailerparks, thugs, and everything bad that you see on the news.
    Scottsdale has a pretty detailed website. We do some work for them and have a big generator out on one of their water treatment sites. Everyone I've dealt with at the city has been very cool to work with. Don't know what else you would want to know.
    JP...........You need to get out more..........If you'd stay out of the ghetto and quit lookin for love on street corners you'd see that there's a little more to the west side than trailer parks, thugs and all bad things.......
    I'll save you a trip........
    http://www.estrellamountainranch.com...lashplugin=yes
    http://www.verrado.com

Jordy
    JP...........You need to get out more..........If you'd stay out of the ghetto and quit lookin for love on street corners you'd see that there's a little more to the west side than trailer parks, thugs and all bad things.......
    Actually, if you read what I was replying to, you'll get the joke. As far as getting out more, I probably spend more of my time out in the avenues anymore than I do every other area in the valley combined. I have generators all over the west side powering up the new development sales trailers, all the way from Vistancia down past I-10.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast