Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: For those of you thinking about moving to Phoenix

UBFJ #454
    Darren -
    For what its worth ...
    The Prices Per Zip Codes in North Central Phoenix can be very misleading ... Example ... Our Zip Code is 85014 and the list you posted gives the Average Price as $167,000 yet the house right down the street went for something like $536,000 two years ago and another one just a block or so over went for something like $700,000 +/- here just recently ... Ours, with the 46 + fruit, nut and shade trees is said to be worth somewhere around $400,000 + ... Many other newer houses here in our neighborhood that have been built on Lot Splits are going for $400,000 to $550,000 + and they have essentially no yard space or trees.
    The reason for these disparities is that the 85014 Zip Code covers the Area from Glendale Avenue to Thomas Road (North to South) and The 51 to 7th Street (East to West) ... My point is that in the Older Part of North Central Phoenix you have to look within certain areas for the property you want (and can afford) as there is quite a range of neighborhoods within any one given Zip Code ... The only thing that Is The Same For All Is ... Little, If Any, Commute To The Essence of Phoenix ... Downtown ... Stores of All Kinds Are Very Close ... The Ball Park ... The Basketball Arena ... And ... Links to Freeways Going Throughout The Valley including all the Lakes (Pleasant about 30 minutes ... Bartlet, about 45 minutes, 1 hr. max.) ... Plus, Most of these neighborhoods, being well established, Are Quiet with a Low Crime Rate ... Great For City Living!

callbob4homes
    Estrella Mtn. Ranch is a beautiful development on the west side. They put on a golf tournament for REALTORS out there awhile back and it is a nice course and great looking development. This whole area is building like crazy and home prices going up like the fourth of July. If you are waiting, be prepared to pay more, they aren't likely to go down. (unlike an ex, but that is another story and equally expensive) If you want to see what homes are listing for in whatever area here, go to my website www.callbob4homes and you can search the MLS. no obligation, but if I can help you with anything please call. also some links to schools and such. as it is a new website I am still putting in links, so if there is anything you would like more info on, let me know and I'll put a link in there. (and not to the ex, I wouldn't want to be responsible for that :argue: ) Also take a look at Gold Canyon on far east side, getting to be like a little Scottsdale out there without the big city rush and still a short drive into town.

Jordy
    Also take a look at Gold Canyon on far east side, getting to be like a little Scottsdale out there without the big city rush and still a short drive into town.
    The only bad side of Gold Canyon is having to drive the Superstition everyday. Other than that, yeah, it's blowing up out there and beyond. Hell, Queen Creek has built 3/4 of the way to Florence now. Unbelievable how many houses are going up. The bad thing is, they all look the same anymore. Tan Stucco, red tile roofs, built 4' from the neighbors house... I couldn't do it.

Artv
    Actually, if you read what I was replying to, you'll get the joke. As far as getting out more, I probably spend more of my time out in the avenues anymore than I do every other area in the valley combined. I have generators all over the west side powering up the new development sales trailers, all the way from Vistancia down past I-10.
    From the looks of it the houses are beautiful up in your area.

Jordy
    From the looks of it the houses are beautiful up in your area.
    What's my area???

Artv
    JP...........You need to get out more..........If you'd stay out of the ghetto and quit lookin for love on street corners you'd see that there's a little more to the west side than trailer parks, thugs and all bad things.......
    I'll save you a trip........
    http://www.estrellamountainranch.com...lashplugin=yes
    http://www.verrado.com
    Sorry about that, my response was for Sane Asylum. From the looks of it the houses are beautiful up in your area.

prosthogod
    Scotsdale is the snooty part of town housing is very expensive.
    I take offense to that, "it's snottsdale"

callbob4homes
    The only bad side of Gold Canyon is having to drive the Superstition everyday. Other than that, yeah, it's blowing up out there and beyond. Hell, Queen Creek has built 3/4 of the way to Florence now. Unbelievable how many houses are going up. The bad thing is, they all look the same anymore. Tan Stucco, red tile roofs, built 4' from the neighbors house... I couldn't do it.
    I hear you about how close some of those homes are getting. and the new subdivisions past Queen Creek are right at and in the Florence city limits. If you want to buy homes in the 160K to 200K range better be good friends with your neighbor. I think once the 202 gets finished it should take alot of traffic off the 60 superstition fwy, but who knows how much growth by then? but on the upside, still not as bad as freeways in the LA area.

Kurtis500
    Does anybody know anybody that works for the City of Scottsdale? Good or Bad?I may make a career move that way. Any information about schools, family life, general atmosphere, etc. Any info. welcomed........
    BC75
    As you can see from the listing, Scottsdale is pretty diverse in its value. Not too many people in see the Scottsdale in areas like 66st and Earl, Granite Reef and Roosevelt areas. Not what you are thinking when it comes to Scottsdale. The older areas south of McCormick ranch are less expensive than the areas north of there.
    I worked for the fire department in Scottsdale for 6 years, 3 of it in Scottsdale itself. The town is very nice and quiet. There is plenty of crime and drugs, so you cant get away from that. The Airpark is a nice place for a business. You do have a higher percentage of people in Scottsdale (area) that think alot more of themselves then anyone else does.

Jordy
    You do have a higher percentage of people in Scottsdale (area) that think alot more of themselves then anyone else does.
    I think they're second only to Paradise Valley.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast