Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: For those of you thinking about moving to Phoenix

Kurtis500
    Jak I know what you mean, my zip code extends down to Thomas also. It hurts the averages, but oh well. My neighbors house appraised for 825,000 over a year ago. A little out of place in my neighborhood I think.

PHX ATC
    I live down the road from Huffpower. I live at Sossaman/Guadalupe and travel the 60 freeway all the time to the airport (Sky Harbor). 60 does suck major league donkey wee wee. Bad mojo on that freeway. Thankfully, I travel at odd times and work goofy shifts, so I rarely get too caught up in the parking lot feature of the freeway.
    I'm moving to Queen Creek, Ellsworth/Riggs area, so my commute will be 15 minutes more, but the property will be worth it. To think, there are people out in Johnson Ranch, 15 more minutes southeast of where I'm moving to! Nutzo!
    OK Jordy, begin the horsey jokes!!!

Jordy
    OK Jordy, begin the horsey jokes!!!
    I can't say much as I live on horsey property, however, I'm in the PV area, not out where Jesus lost his sandals.
    However, I got rid of my horses and got boats, not the other way around. I wear the pants in my family.
    I do still have my saddles. Just dust them off from time to time. Now I have someone else to call if I want to go riding. None of my toys eat or shit if I'm not playing with them.

Kurtis500
    here is something you need to think about before you jump on the "i'm moving to phx bandwagon".
    TRAFFIC SUCKS !!!!, and the city CANNOT EXPAND THE FREEWAY SYSTEM !!!!
    if you think i'm joking, my commute from mesa (US60@BASELINE/ELLSWORTH) to Scottsdale airpark, 33 miles, takes 45-60 minutes leaving at 0545. The commute home now takes an average of 1 hr, last nite , no accidents 1hr 15 minutes, and it will continue to get worse !!!, i've lived out in this area for 3 years and have watched the traffic increase, with no relief in sight !!! the traffic in the a.m. starts at 0430. The houses are rapidly climbing to cali levels, especially the prime areas, you don't think those that build and sell houses know this, the builders could care less if the hiways don't move, or the water sources are maxed out, hey phx has 243 golf courses to water and the job market is not that great for hi paying jobs !! think twice before leaving your beloved cali land.
    This is why I wont move to my property in Clearwater Farms. And its why I push the central corridor for people who are working downtown (not in your case). For example, it took me 9 months to get 3000 miles on my daily driver vehicle for the next oil change. I cant imagine sitting in traffic like you guys have to everyday. It seems like a good portion of your life has to be spent in a vehicle. Even with the 202-101 freewys built and being built its going to get worse...much worse. Ellsworth is a loooong way out there. Maybe you can get your business to move to Williams gateway?? That would be nice.

PHX ATC
    I can't say much as I live on horsey property, however, I'm in the PV area, not out where Jesus lost his sandals.
    However, I got rid of my horses and got boats, not the other way around. I wear the pants in my family.
    I do still have my saddles. Just dust them off from time to time. Now I have someone else to call if I want to go riding. None of my toys eat or shit if I'm not playing with them.
    Sandals? I thought he wore cowboy boots out there, you know with all the horsey poopie and all.
    I'm putting the boat in the trader this next week and then, we'll see.
    You crack me up.

Jordy
    Sandals? I thought he wore cowboy boots out there, you know with all the horsey poopie and all.
    I'm putting the boat in the trader this next week and then, we'll see.
    You crack me up.
    I don't think Jesus had any cowboy boots. However, some of the Jesus (hay-seus) of the times might have. I think Jesus liked his sandals.
    Mine is in the trader right now, one of them anyway.
    Now about those beers you owe me.

Outnumbered
    You guys looking in Verado be aware that it is big lots for reasonable prices for a reason. It is pretty isolated and is surrounded by mobile home mini ranches. Not to mention the prison. It looks like it has good upside potential but I'm not sure I would want to live there now. I know my wife would hate it. There is not much shopping and not many conveniences nearby. If you got kids I'm not too sure about the schools out there. Be sure to do your reseach.
    Estrella Mtn Ranch is booming but it too is very isolated. No way I would commute from that place. Its quite a bottle neck getting in or out at times and if there is an event at PIR you are DOOMED.
    I found that it looks much cheaper here than it actually is. Sure you can get a new house for cheap but equate it to buying in Yucca Valley, High Desert, Beaumont if you know So Cal.
    So we decided to buy in one of the upper-middle price areas and give up the big lot for now. But I live in an area where there is no mobile homes and no low income housing for miles, zip 85383. Very nice area but about 30-40% cheaper than Scottsdale or Carefree.
    We came out thinking we were going to buy a big house, on a big lot, in a nice convenient area for under $300k--it didn't happen.
    Just like someone said already, the nice places are getting spendy. But I will admit that the prices and traffic are not as bad as Cali.
    Just do your research and don't get caught up in the new-home fever. Look at what is around the development you are in. Just because your tract is nice does not mean that the houses 1/2 mile away are nice.
    Just my $.02
    OL

Jordy
    On the plus side, Verrado is about 45 minutes closer to the river than where I am, and I'm pretty centrally located, around 2 1/2 hours drive time to Parker on a slow day.

Outnumbered
    On the plus side, Verrado is about 45 minutes closer to the river than where I am, and I'm pretty centrally located, around 2 1/2 hours drive time to Parker on a slow day.
    This is true, and closer to Cali for trips back home.
    I don't know, I just wish there were not so many damn mobile homes out here. They were the worst thing to ever happen to this place.
    OL

Jordy
    This is true, and closer to Cali for trips back home.
    I don't know, I just wish there were not so many damn mobile homes out here. They were the worst thing to ever happen to this place.
    OL
    C'mon, there are some nice mobiles that back right up to the freeway. You konw, the ones that have so much junk in their backyards that you can hardly see the trailer? The ones that have a yard sale going everyday. Welcome to Buckeye.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast