Thread: whirlaway with reverse?

speedaddict
    Well, I'm needing to add a whirlaway to my casale 12 degree in/out. While I'm in there, I'm wondering if you can put the reverse + in/out box after the whirlaway dogs? It would be helpful to have a slow reverse here to dock on the river.

Sanger D
    I would ask guys like art,(gofastracer) hud,fiat and some of the others they are ALL very knowledgable in the V DRIVE world,If they don,t know then it probably does,nt exist.I,m sure they will hit on this thread eventually probably have to have a tranny,not sure about it :idea: nice hydro though.
    Sanger D
    OH, I,m mean no disrespect for the ole timers comment,there just more wrinkley than me :squiggle:

BGMAN203
    Well, I'm needing to add a whirlaway to my casale 12 degree in/out. While I'm in there, I'm wondering if you can put the reverse + in/out box after the whirlaway dogs? It would be helpful to have a slow reverse here to dock on the river.
    To my knowledge, there isn't such a thing for your v-drive. Also, if that is a picture of your boat in your avatar, I wouldn't put reverse in it unless you want to swamp that thing. Use a paddle if you need to.

wsuwrhr
    I am with BGMan on that deal. Paddles work well.
    V-drive Tom on this site deals with the v-drive boxes also.
    Brian

rrrr
    Here's a photo of my reverse, it works great and is very durable.
    http://www.the-river.org/transformat..._oar_small.jpg

speedaddict
    hehe.. ok thanks I figured that would be the scoop. Yeah, it's for the hydro in the avatar. I would sure like to put it in the river, but the docks are perpendicular to the current, and I don't want to ding it on the un padded docks. Guess I'll just pack along some floats to toss over the side to protect my boat. I've done ok in my flatty, but am more concerned that the hydro will be more tricky. The water is to high and fast now to try at all.

beaverfab
    If you were to put a release in a boat with reverse it would not turn, just free wheel. When you get ready for a Release please give me a try in stock. Thanks j.j.

GofastRacer
    As JJ says, it woudn't work. Casale did make a split case with forward, neutral and reverse but it's way bigger than the whirlaway housing!..But reverse in a hydro=SINK!...