Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Can a freeboard challenged boat make the trip to Catalina?

HotDogz
    Anyone ever made the trip in a lake rod?

Kilrtoy
    Sure if you are stupid and lucky, but it can be done.....

AirtimeLavey
    Why? :hammer2: :2purples:
    First try going from Katherine's to Cottonwood Cove on Lake Mohave, about 2 or 3 in the afternoon. If you still have a boat, go for Catalina. :notam:

AirtimeLavey
    Why? :hammer2: :2purples:
    First try going from Katherine's to Cottonwood Cove on Lake Mohave, about 2 or 3 in the afternoon. If you still have a boat, go for Catalina. :notam:
    No. Don't. I'm bullsh..ig. Don't do either of my suggestions, you'll never make it, and I'd feel bad.

KACHINA KEN
    Anyone ever made the trip in a lake rod?
    Nah man, but you can catch a ride with one of us in July when we do the Club Salty stuff (Catalina runs every weekend in July).

XtrmWakeborder
    No way, catch a ride with one of these big ballers.

Essexive G's
    I normally don't post unless I've been drinking, and tonight I've been drinking!
    The first thing that came to mind when I read the title was DUMB ASS ! I backed down for a second and thought maybe you were a homeowner in La Conchita. So you need guidance cause common sense you're lacking. Here's what you do with a freeboard challenged boat, Go to a body of water, back down to the ramp, stop your tub just short of the water, you get out of your vehicle, walk into the water up to your knees, Stand there for 30 seconds. If your balls get wet from a wave coming in, get back in your vehicle, leave, and look for a smaller pond.
    No payment is nessessary for advise given. Oh yeah one more thing. When you have your engine running while in the water, try to avoid having family and friends hang out behind your boat!

Kilrtoy
    I normally don't post unless I've been drinking, and tonight I've been drinking!
    The first thing that came to mind when I read the title was DUMB ASS ! I backed down for a second and thought maybe you were a homeowner in La Conchita. So you need guidance cause common sense you're lacking. Here's what you do with a freeboard challenged boat, Go to a body of water, back down to the ramp, stop your tub just short of the water, you get out of your vehicle, walk into the water up to your knees, Stand there for 30 seconds. If your balls get wet from a wave coming in, get back in your vehicle, leave, and look for a smaller pond.
    No payment is nessessary for advise given. Oh yeah one more thing. When you have your engine running while in the water, try to avoid having family and friends hang out behind your boat!
    THAT THERE IS FUNNY

Havasu Hangin'
    Lots of guys make it with small boats. I know a guy who used to regularly make it in a 18' Searay (even blew the motor up halfway once). A few guys have gone over on PWCs.
    If you watch the wave and swell reports, and head over in the morning, it can be smooth as glass. If it gets rough...it'll take awhile.
    A bigger boat just means you can go faster when the water gets rougher.

RiverOtter
    LMAO!!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast