Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Chroming a pump

djdtpr
    At least that's what you tell everyone.
    I meant to say i get tired of polishing IT being the pump myself.

Ken F
    Okay, a little late here, but here's what I've been able to find out.
    I contacted American Powder Coating in Downy, CA. They were none too friendly when they found out I was only an individual, and informed me that they only do work for Companys. (read volume)
    After some more reasearch, I found that the process is patented to Goodrich Technologies Corp. Sure wish I would have read American Powder Coatings website better...it's llisted right there! DOH
    Anyway, Gary Goodrich was very pleasent to speak with, and gave me the name of his shop guy who is in charge of the coating for them. Yes, they will do small parts for individuals, but their machine is only 24" in diameter, and 10" deep.
    So, I'm going to take pictures of my various pump pieces holding a tape measure in the picture for reference, and email them- possibly they will be able to give me a price quote from the pictures.
    More on this as it develops.
    Ken F

Bense468
    Going off what Flat Broke is saying...Here is a thread with some pictures I posted about permastar in Sept of 04.
    http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=29
    I would look into permastar before I even though about chroming. Its basically a way of powdercoating. Can be shot on the outside of the pump. They are using permastar a lot in europe where they have or are banning chrome. EPA doesn't like chrome so you will see this more in the future. We were thinking about opening a shop up doing permastar 2 years ago. Kinda of wish I would have now.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234