Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Girl Scout Cookies.....

Mandelon
    It is that time of year again when the little green suited buggers come to your door wanting you to order cookies. $4.00 a box this year. They are good eatin.
    My daughter is trying to sell them, to show her support for the troop. I take her door to door for a couple of weekends while the sales period is on. Some folks are nice and look forward to oredering them. Others are just plain rude at the door. Most don't even open the door, and some aren't home.
    We run into a lot of older women that used to be scouts themselves. They are always the nicest and order a couple of boxes. One old guy answered the door in his robe yesterday morning. For a second I thought my daughter caught an eyeful of old guy junk, but luckily she was spared....he was a little embarrased though. He ordered 6 boxes....
    Our neighborhood has a lot of girl scouts so we have to go out early or the houses have already been hit by her little friends. My daughter is pretty shy, so it seem I end up doing most of the talking.....I flirt with the moms, and tease the grandmas that once I get their phone number I might be calling...
    The ones who say they dont' want any, I remind them that they make great gifts....they can also buy some and have them sent overseas. But I don't like to be too pushy, it seems as a consumer someone is always pestering us to buy something....I dont' want my little girl to be like that. If they want them, great. Otherwise NO cookies for you!
    My wife took over later Saturday morning, and they got discouraged. My daughter cried...
    I will try to unload a few more at work...anyway, if a little girl comes to your door try to buy at least one box. $4.00 is a small price to pay to make some little girl happy and believe in the world. Girls Scouts is a good organization.
    Anybody else doing this? Boyscouts has popcorn, we do that too......I'd rather just donate $100 and not waste my weekend, but the wife says that's not the point.....

MRS FLYIN VEE
    Mandelon.. if I could I will buy some and just send them to me.. we don't get them around here.

switchin'addiction
    I'm a sucker......I think I've ordered around 25 boxes so far from kids in the neighborhood. I give most of them away, but I think it is a great cause so it is hard for me to say no.

Kindsvater Flat
    Does she accept paypal?

OutCole'd
    I'm a complete sap. I'll buy anything off a kid.

Mandelon
    I'm a complete sap. I'll buy anything off a kid.
    What, like their undies? Pervert!
    Please Note: This is not a spam to sell cookies. She won't say no, of course but I was just relating our day.
    Sales is tough. I can't imagine going door to door to make a living...ugh. I told her to cry in front of the mean people......

phebus
    Check your prices, I think they are $4.00 a box this year. Either that, or I just got ripped off by a Brownie.

phebus
    This from the Girl Scout site:
    Q: What are the sizes, quantities and prices of Girl Scout Cookies?
    A: Girl Scout Cookies are sold by weight, not by size or number. The number and size of cookies may vary by variety. The national Girl Scout organization, Girl Scouts of the USA, monitors the weights of the cookies, which are set by contract.
    Girl Scout Cookies sell for different prices in different areas of the country. Each of the 300 plus local Girl Scout councils has the right to set its own price based on its needs and knowledge of the local market. Today's prices, currently $2.50 to $4.00 per box, depending on location, reflect both the current cost of cookies and the realities of providing Girl Scout activities in an ever-changing economic environment.
    I gues I live in a high price area.

Mandelon
    Oops, you are right! :jawdrop: It is $4 around here. I better edit my first post. Some counties do charge more or less. I think Imperial and Yuma are lower.....

THATJEFFGUY
    Mandy, take your daughter out to Yuma and buy a truckload at the discounted price...then come back and sell them for $4.00 locally. Teach her how to be a young entrepreneur !
    Oh, and speaking of girl/boy scouts...you know how a Cub Scout becomes a Boy Scout ???
    ...........by eating a Brownie !

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast