Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: HTM Racing replies to all rumors

SVO 540
    HTM Racing, I am assuming you ran 143mph based on what I read in these postings. That speed is totally cool and awesome. I would be grateful if you could provide me with the following information about that speed run. I would like to know what kind of drive you were running and how much power the engine made? What was the gear ratio, prop pitch and engine rpm? SS or SR? Thanks.

Catatonic
    HTM Racing. My wife and I are already sold on the open bow SR-24. My question (like everyone else's) is with regard to power options. I thought I wanted the 496 HO with one of the new blower options and then I took a ride in a new SR with a built 573 and it was sweet! Do you have any performance expectations such as what I could expect from a 454 on up to a blown naturally aspirated plant? Do you have anything on paper or is it best to contact your sales dept? I just got your video, but it didn't really address these areas.

HTM Racing
    Hi SVO 540
    Boat was tested by Family Performance Magazine. It was radar and GPS at 143 mph.
    http://free.***boat.net/ubb/rolleyes.gif
    HTM SS-24, 1:35 gear ratio, HTM's 565 pro charged, 7200 RPM, 33 pitch 4 blade custom prop.
    [This message has been edited by HTM Racing (edited October 16, 2001).]
    [This message has been edited by HTM Racing (edited October 16, 2001).]

HTM Racing
    Hi Catatonic,
    It's best to talk to Steve, we do not have sales people. Steve, Ken our motor builder, Roy our tooling dept, and Lia in financing do the sales. We are running some package specials and Steve has all the details. Please call and We can give you the MPH speck, we need more information on your exact package, approx amount of people you usually carry, if you want it proped for water skiing, ETC.. before we can give you estimated MPH.
    661-268-1309

Catatonic
    Preesh. Thanks for the prompt reply...I'm happy with the service so far.

SVO 540
    HTM Racing, the specs on the 143mph pass are F'n awesome. To me, that seems untouchable. How much HP did the engine make?

HTM Racing
    Had an 1150 HP tune up, we had a pulley change that would have made it 1300 HP.
    When we pulled the boat out for more fuel and pulley changes we noticed that there was so much water pressure entering the drive at high speeds, it hydrauliced the Imco nose cone (2x2 hole), putting an end to the next size pulley. The first pulley ran the # so we left the big pulley change for a later date. The next pulley change should take us well into the 150 MPH range. Since then we have put a pressure relief valve relieving the amount of pressure in the drive. We will be doing a new test in the near future, we will keep you posted. Give us a call and we will send you a copy of the press release.

haulina29
    I have been following the threads on the cats for some time and wanted to add some imput . I was at Wilkes Marine in the last few weeks and saw a Teal and Purple HTM with a purple pro charger motor it had sufferd delamination of the center pod and both sponsons this I saw myself and i have been around for some time . also isnt a HTM a 28 foot Warlock the 4 feet chopped off ? im sure of that. So i think HTM should be added to the splash list lets tell it how it is if were going to clear the air!!

HTM Racing
    Hi Haulina 29,
    Sorry but YOU THINK WRONG! You can come and visit our facility any time and see the photo's of the SR-24 plug from start to finish. It is NOT A SPLASH. You are insulting to us and all the manufactures who do not splash, it's because of your I THINK rumors start that are not true!!! Our hulls are original designs and have been Copy Righted. You can see them on the internet on the United States Copy Right web site loc.gov/copyright go to Vessel Hull protection act or D-VH. You will see the SR & SS 24 with many other original vessels. We were the first to test the new law. It was against a spashed set of SR-24 molds, we won. As for the delaminating vessel you had seen, it's kind of funny if it is an supposed HTM why did they not contact us to let us know about it. I know Jim Wilkes from Wilkes Marine and I'll give him a call today to find out about what you seen. I'll keep you posted on the truth. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
    [This message has been edited by HTM Racing (edited November 07, 2001).]

HTM Racing
    Hi Again,
    Called Wilkes Marine and found out what you saw. You and others have seen this boat, and that is a perfect example of how people develope rumors of stress cracking and delaminating. There is always two sides to every story and in this case it holds strong. I take it that you did not speak to the owner of the Virage built SR-24 about why his bottom looks the way it did.
    FACT : Customer had no boating experience and this was his first boat.
    FACT: Customer brought boat into HTM a few weeks later because there was no water coming from his exhausts. After inspecting the boat which looked as if it had been dragged through a rock quarry with severe cosmetic damage to bottom and drive. Sand packed the low water pick up and burned the impeller out causing it to not get water to motor / exhaust.
    FACT: The Customer explained to us that he had drifted close to the rocks and instead of hitting reverse he went into forward gear by mistake. The customer said he had an automotive body shop that owed him a favor and he would have them repair the boat.
    FACT: Approx 6 month later he was in the ocean off the coast of Calif. and had ignition failure and could not restart his boat. He was close to shore when this had happened on a rough day. His boat road the waves all the way to shore and was thrown into a rocky beach.
    FACT: After this second accident he had taken the boat to Rason Craft and had them do the repairs to the bottom of the boat. It now had internal damage due to accidents, but was overlooked by Rason Craft. This vessel should have not been fixed but totaled.
    FACT: Approx. one month later the customer brought boat to us for inspection because the previous repairs were failing. It was the most hidious repairs HTM has ever seen.
    WE found rough texture gel over unfinished body work / unfinished repairs / and internal damage / cracking and pealing repaired areas. At that time we highly recommended to the customer that his insurance should total this vessel because it was unsafe and was a bad reflection of our name.
    FACT: Boat sat at HTM for two months while we waited for the insurance companies decision. The insurance would not cover the boat because of some drive / owner discrepency.
    THAT IS WHAT YOU'VE SEEN and we do not know what has happened to this vessel since then.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast