I think most of the board knows of DNE motors and the quality of motors he builds, I must warn eveyone of how DNE does business regarding his quoting and final billing.
I sat down with DNE and had Dave give me a quote regarding a re-build which I thought was a far price. It took 9 months to received my motor (5 months late) and I had payed what we had agreed upon. DNE build exacly what we had talked about 9 months earlyer, no change in the plan.
Well 2 month later after i had received my motor I received a copy of my final invoice and it was more than double what DNE had quoted me and all DNE could say was look it over. Over the 9 month build I was at DNE's shop many many times and never did DNE say anything about the motor cost doubling.
THIS IS NOT HOW YOU DO BUSINESS
Afer making a more than fair offer to settle the differance DNE is taking me to court, which will not be good for DNE, past DNE customer and myself.
Sorry to do this but I will be contacting past DNE customers and requiring them to show up in court to give their stories of how DNE has miss lead them into building a motor for one price and then charging another price.
DNE has done the many times in the past couple of years and it cannot continue..
Mark