Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Modified Tunnel

Kahuna
    How do you think insurance companies handle tunnel boats like the Stoker or Cheetah. Do they see the difference between a CAT and a modified tunnel? Reason I ask because I saw that new Cobra modified tunnel. :idea:

MOBrien
    24' Cheetah Stiletto Tunnel .....................
    We pay $592/yr for insurance.
    That new Cobra was trippy.......kinda liked it :idea:

lokinutz
    My '88 Stoker was actually built and registered by Eliminator as a runabout. Costs less because it isn't classified as a tunnel on the registration. Don't know if that helps in your case. I pay $420 or so a year with a 30/100/30 policy and $15000 value.

jackpunx
    Add some power to it and see what they say.. Mine USED to have conventional insurance till I got honest with them.

Jordy
    Once you start talking about horsepower and top speed, they'll get wise, that is, if you actually want insurance to cover you when you need it.

jackpunx
    Once you start talking about horsepower and top speed, they'll get wise, that is, if you actually want insurance to cover you when you need it.
    YEP!.. actually.. Stoker is on the BAD BAD BAD list from what I understand.. they are hip to MODVP now.. They know its a cat bottom and that they are race boats for the most part.. I know people with Stokers and other modvp's who have insurance.. but be carefull.... like Jordy said .. be honest.. they will hand you your money back and tell you to kick rocks

chub
    jackpunx and I have talked insurance. I have a STOKER and they are hip.....still looking.

lokinutz
    I was honest and upfront with my insurance. 200 H.P. approx 80 MPH. (O.K. 86GPS). I do have it under my umbrella house policy. Its Foremost through Farmer's. As you can see from my coverage, I dont to F around with insurance. Lived in LHC for 11 years and worked for the FD out there and saw my share of mishaps first hand. I was just trying to say it depends a lot on the registration. Nowhere does it say on any of my paperwork Stoker. Eliminator it does say, though. Runabout. Not vee, or tunnel, or anything else. Just trying to pass on my first hand experience.

mbrown2
    I wish my boat was registered as a run-about....that is pretty cool....wonder what Stoker register's them now as...
    I figure unless Cobra lies about that new Mod VP, it will be classified as a modified vp which they intrepet as modified tunnel or tunnel.

thom
    they are catching on.. I think it was State Farm that gave me a bunch of @@@@ on mine.. they considered it yacht....
    how funny is that.... anything over 28 is a yacht..
    I bought a yacht and didnt even know it.. Since ive got a yacht i think im going to set sail for the mexico or thailand.. they really didnt care about the hull design, they were more concerned witht the engine hp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast