Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Adjustable Ht. Hitch

RiverDave
    This is the hitch I bought.
    http://www.besthitch.com/
    Andy
    That's a cool ass hitch as well.
    Not sure I understand the logic of that one over a billet one though? (Other then metal fatigue of steel vs aluminum)
    It's the same drop as the 6 inch Billet one. They are rated for the same load (10,000 lbs) that one is 180 bucks.. The billet one is 150 bucks and is blingtastic.
    I don't much care either way, becuase I'll probably end up being a reseller of those eventually as well, but for right now I can't see any advantages to it?
    RD

djunkie
    This is the hitch I bought.
    http://www.besthitch.com/
    Andy
    Does that thing rattle alot when you drive. My buddy has one like that and if he doesn't have a trailer hooked up to it, it makes all kinds of noise going down the road.

andy01
    Does that thing rattle alot when you drive. My buddy has one like that and if he doesn't have a trailer hooked up to it, it makes all kinds of noise going down the road.
    I haven't noticed any rattle from mine. Maybe over time?
    Andy

andy01
    Not sure I understand the logic of that one over a billet one though? (Other then metal fatigue of steel vs aluminum)
    It's the same drop as the 6 inch Billet one. They are rated for the same load (10,000 lbs) that one is 180 bucks.. The billet one is 150 bucks and is blingtastic.
    I don't much care either way, becuase I'll probably end up being a reseller of those eventually as well, but for right now I can't see any advantages to it?
    RD
    I recieved my hitch for Christmas from my wife, she looked around but didn't find the Alum. one with three balls on it. I have the tri-ball mount. I used to carry a shit load of hitchs under the back seat in my truck. The Alum. one is nice, I was going to order one from John West at Ultra but got this one. Not saying it is any better then alum. but I don't know if I will worry about the metal fatigue, I would have to keep it for a million years to wear it out. And I don't keep anything that long.
    Andy

djunkie
    I haven't noticed any rattle from mine. Maybe over time?
    Andy
    It may not even be the same one. His looks very similar and is constructed of steel but the adjustment pins have a little slop in them so it rattles. The alluminum ones are the shit though. Very well made from what I have seen.

andy01
    RD
    BTW I paid $180 for my 10" when I sent my 6" back. Keep in mind when shipping a hitch (metal) shipping is a little pricy.
    Andy

RiverDave
    I recieved my hitch for Christmas from my wife, she looked around but didn't find the Alum. one with three balls on it. I have the tri-ball mount. I used to carry a shit load of hitchs under the back seat in my truck. The Alum. one is nice, I was going to order one from John West at Ultra but got this one. Not saying it is any better then alum. but I don't know if I will worry about the metal fatigue, I would have to keep it for a million years to wear it out. And I don't keep anything that long.
    Andy
    Actually what I was saying on the metal fatigue is that the steel is far superior to aluminum with that regard.. Overall though that's the only advantage to it that I could see?
    RD

RiverDave
    Alrighty Guys, I'm going to place the order for all of these right after lunch. If you just made a post in the thread that you wanted one, please shoot me a PM as well to that effect, becuase I really don't feel like buying 15 hitches and getting stuck with 10 of them.. I'm making about 3 - 4 coors lights on each of these, and as I said before atleast 2 of those are going right back to you when I see y'all at the river so I want to make it perfectly clear that this deal isn't something that I'm trying to "spam" or whatever.. just trying to get a couple for some buddies so mind as well offer it up to ***boat as well.
    RD

RiverDave
    Gotta Jetboat - 6 inch - locking pins
    Martin - 6 inch - locking pins
    Holland - 6 inch - locking pins
    PHX - 6 inch - locking pins
    BoxScore - 6 inch - locking pins
    Danny - 10 inch - lockign pins
    Daytona 19 - 6 inch - locking pins??
    Essex Jet - 10 inch - locking pins??
    Jordy - 2 inch wide body 1 1/4 shank hole
    Blown Howard - 6 inch - locking pins
    ROZ - 6 inch - locking pins
    HavasuBum - 10 inch - locking pins??
    Bill - 6 inch - locking pins
    That's the order that I'm placing after lunch. Please take a look at it and make sure that everything is right.
    RD <---- gonna owe a lot of peeps some beers at the river this season.

BarryMac
    Gotta Jetboat - 6 inch - locking pins
    Martin - 6 inch - locking pins
    Holland - 6 inch - locking pins
    PHX - 6 inch - locking pins
    BoxScore - 6 inch - locking pins
    Danny - 10 inch - lockign pins
    Daytona 19 - 6 inch - locking pins??
    Essex Jet - 10 inch - locking pins??
    Jordy - 2 inch wide body 1 1/4 shank hole
    Blown Howard - 6 inch - locking pins
    ROZ - 6 inch - locking pins
    HavasuBum - 10 inch - locking pins??
    Bill - 6 inch - locking pins
    That's the order that I'm placing after lunch. Please take a look at it and make sure that everything is right.
    RD <---- gonna owe a lot of peeps some beers at the river this season.
    Hell between the hitch, the LED's and whatever else you sell me in the next month or two I'm expecting a weekend at the River Pad... :rollside: :rollside:

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast