Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G race prepped bowl and droop snoot

tahitijet
    No not yet.. the boat has been put away for the winter and i've been swamped at the shop. I did get a GPS for my birthday yesterday so i should have some numbers in mid March or so. Hopefully i'll have it all dialed in and ready to go for CBBB

Jake W2
    The converted C bowl has longer Veins than the G bowl so it strightens out the water more so than the G bowl.But it is said that a stock C bowl flows better than a stock G bowl for the same reasons.
    Jake

tahitijet
    Jerry,
    FYI i called jack today cause i was wanting to get my bowl sent off asap.. he said he is to busy to do one right now.. He said the conversion is very involved and he just doens't have the time.
    So if anyone has a G bowl i'm in the market for one lol.

Duane HTP
    The Polished ATJ bowl sold. Thanks.

moneysucker
    I'd look for a good used Berkeley or Dominator bowl. I've sold every one I can get my hands on for between $125 and $250. Be patient and one will show up. On most lake boats I'd find it hard to justify the race prep. I doubt that you would notice much or any difference without going to the 1/4 mile and doing comparison runs. Find a good used one and send it off to have it extrude honed. The snoot would be a plus. We have a kit that is used to convert the standard intake over to where it has a shoe and ride plate. The kit runs about $250. The best way to do the shoe/intake is to pull the intake and machine it for a shoe. Lot more work, but lots more tunability. My .02.
    I just bought one of his bowls too. Watch e-bay. Last week was good for parts. Bad for my wallet, but good for parts. Thanks again Garry, I decided to quit and fly home and go boating and get back to my real job. I wouldn't go with the $ to get a race bowl. For your hull, I would go with a droop and diverter. Get a bowl on e-bay. Your best buy for the money.

I've got a used polished ATJ bowl that has already been extrude honed for sale for $400.00, and a Polished Berkeley G bowl that has had flow work done on it for $300.00. if you might be interested.
    PMed you Duane

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12