Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Cheyenne

taylormanss
    A buddy of mine is looking for a cheyenne picklefork,with or without a motor,but in good condition,preferably set up or with a bbc. :220v: :220v: :220v: :220v: :220v: :220v: Randall taylormanss Ross

taylormanss
    yeah we already saw this one I think he's asking too much.TAYLORMANSS :messedup:

Jake W2
    HTP sells new ones built by Ervin capps.
    Ultra sales them from the mold they have.
    It has been said to watch witch older ones you buy.
    Jake

sdba069
    If it's the real deal, that's cheap, turnkey. A true Cheyenne and a good one will sell for $11,000 up less motor. One of my customer's bought one last year for $14,000 less motor. Look close at the pump setup. Tons of up plate and up wedge. This guy doesn't have a clue. Being a 94, good chance it's a JBE boat. If that's the case, it's worth maybe 2/3 what he's asking on a good day.

sdba069
    He states that it's never been raced. Not that that is a factor, but notice the tach or speedo in the center of the dash. We usually see that after the steering has been moved from the center to the side. What boats have center steer? Right, drag boats. And maybe this isn't the case, but something to think about. I sure am getting particular in my old age.

Ken F
    SDBA-
    My new Cheyenne was set up that way just in case down the road I wanted to race it, or the next owner did-the hole is already there in the dash.
    Ken F

Jake W2
    Hey Gary you know I did not put JBX or JBE as the one to watch out for , infavor of not offending anyone but you just busted it out there so since you did what is the deal with thoes dosen't it have to do with the splashed droop keel bottom on them.
    Jake

Duane HTP
    When they splashed those boats, they didn't understand a dropped keel. They didn't realize that the dropped keel needed to be put on after the boat was built. In doing so, they copied the dropped keel off of a fast boat, then they put the intake in the bottom of the dropped keel. In other words, they no longer had a dropped keel in relation to the intake, and had thrown the relation of the center pod way off in relation to the side sponsons. It takes quite a bit of bottom work to make one of those run real good.
    Here's the real thing.
    http://www.hi-techperformance.com/images/9324wp.jpg
    You can see the whole boat at
    http://www.hi-techperformance.com/CustomBoats.htm

UBFJ #454
    Duane -
    What's the Depth of that Keel and how far forward from Zero (Front of Loader Recess) does the Ramp extend? Just Curious.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast