Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Attention CDL holders!

Backfire
    I just recently discovered that, as of August 25th of last year, Anybody that gets a ticket in Arizona while possesing a CDL license, is ineligible to have the conviction hidden by attending traffic school.
    I got a speeding ticket in my personal car a couple of weeks ago and have now discovered that I'm not being offered the same diversionary opportunities that other private citizens are offered because I'm forced to drive personally on a commercial license. This is simple unequal treatment under the law and I'm currently lining up sponsorship to get this injustice corrected through the courts, if necessary.
    My complaint has nothing to do with the ticket itself and I'm not saying I deserved it or didn't. My bitch is strictly about being denied the diversionary benefit of attending traffic school, which is freely offered to the general public. This is unequal treatment under the law, a violation of a person's civil rights.
    Most folks will turn away from this because it only affects truck drivers. To these people, I would ask: Wasn't peeing in bottles at work also only going to affect truck drivers?

OGShocker
    When someone rolls down the road haulin' 80,000 pounds of ARCO's finest, they SHOULD be held to a higher standard. IMHO. Sorry you got caught.

al cole'holic
    ..think I could get an AZ DL if my CDL gots suspended for 6 mo's?? :frown:

Liberator TJ1984
    Texas has the same Law.....
    Get caught under the influence even in your personal vehicle and see what happens :yuk:
    CDL changes all the rules ...drug use,alcohol levels ..etc......
    I don't like it either ,but as a Maint.Supervisor of a Truck Fleet I must have one , just in case of emergency....and yea it sucks,but I like my Job :notam:

Backfire
    When someone rolls down the road haulin' 80,000 pounds of ARCO's finest, they SHOULD be held to a higher standard. IMHO. Sorry you got caught.
    I drive 100,000 miles a year and hadn't recieved a ticket in Arizona in ten years. One in a million miles is not bad statistics!
    Did you miss the part where I said that I was operating my private automobile when I got this ticket?

Liberator TJ1984
    I doubt it, last I heard D.O.T. was going on a Nation Wide Database system, where Drivers Personal Info. AND all violations are Pooled. At first it was going to be Just the Haz.Mat. drivers ,but Believe it will pertain to all........HomeLand Security doings...

Jordy
    Gee that sucks for you AzDon.

Backfire
    CDL licenses are tracked on a national database and I don't believe that there are any renegade states left that don't conform to the "new order" of CDL standards and reporting. New Mexico was one of the last of those renegade states.
    I think the time has come for states to issue a seperate "private" license to CDL holders if they are going to eliminate "civil rights" eligibility from CDL use. I will not give up my civil rights in my personal life just to have a job! At least not without a fight!

Jordy
    I will not give up my civil rights in my personal life just to have a job! At least not without a fight!
    AzDon, champion of the people's rights...
    You must have missed that day in driver's ed where they teach you that driving is a priviledge, not a right.

Backfire
    Gee that sucks for you AzDon.
    Smile when you say that!
    I was Backfire for a year before I was AzDon....nice for you to remember, Jordy!
    I hope that other AzDon guy isn't able to get me in any more trouble than I was able to get for myself!
    Btw- were you able to sell that Schiada with the copcar paintjob yet?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast