Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Funny Jet Video

LVjetboy
    "no i never owned a jet ski, but they are fun as hell."
    I've rode both standup and sitdown. So I know what a jet ski's like. Fun as hell? Give me a break! I'd rather drive a 65 mph jet boat than a 55 mph jet ski. Jason, my friend at work claimed his modified (mostly intake stuff) standup jet ski would do 65. We met on Lake Mead and I paced him...only 55. We stopped, compared speed, he was unhappy. Then we drove from Callville Bay to short of Temple Bar...a moderately long trip even though mostly smooth. He was tired...wet and ready to go back. We were dry, with stereo and ready to party.
    Yes I drove his modified standup and I drove a standup on Lake Chelan, Wa. My wife and I also drove sitdowns on Lake Mead. The whole time I was thinking..."Wish I was in the jet boat not on this jet ski" Just my thoughts take it as you wish.
    Yes jet skis are cool for someone who doesn't have the means to own a boat, regular or hot. But fun as hell? Excuse me?? That's either an exageration, or truth from someone who's not accustom to thrill.
    Jumping wakes and endlessly circling 'cause you got nothing else to do? Maybe you should take a ride in a real jet boat then decide what's fun as hell? Jet skis are typically (not always you copy) operated by someone who doesn't have the experience of a boat owner. In the end, both ANNOYING and DANGEROUS While introducing younger people to a water hobby, at the same time threatening true hot boaters passion.
    jer

LVjetboy
    "open headers carry way farther than a jet ski sound"
    And finally berk. Remember...endless circling in front of your campsite? On and on and on and on and on. You get the picture? Are we talking the coolness of an open header jet boat running point a to b, or the abnoxious jet skier endlessly circling jumping wakes in front of your campsite?
    jer

switchin'addiction
    open headers carry way farther than a jet ski sound
    Yes you are correct, but you only have to listen to them as they are driving away from you. That never happens with a jet skier. Have you ever been in your lawnchair on a sandbar and had a BB with open headers run circles 30 feet off the shoreline in front of you? Didn't think so. Do you think this ever happens with a jet ski? My guess is everyone posting in this thread has had it happen to them. I just don't understand why jet skiers seem to have the need for an audience. Granted there are a few exceptions, but for the most part I personally find them annoying as hell. Just my opinion, but it's probably not worth much.

Jet Hydro
    I have 2 jet ski`s for my kid`s and my girlfriend, I hate Jet ski`s, not for the noise but for the way most people ride them. Right in front of me most of the time! My kids ride my ski`s with respect of others or I`d sink them to the bottom of the lake..... remember I hate Jet Ski`s. I also hate ATV as I race motocross but there too I have some ATV`s for the kids to ride. It`s all about the way things are driven that makes me hate em. Most Jet Ski`s and ATV riders should be shot

Brooski
    there might be sounds that YOU hate, but i only see people having fun burning gas.
    But the big difference is that most jet skiers are DANGEROUS! In my many years of going to the lake, I have only observed 2 collisions between 2 boats, but have knowledge of alot of collisions between jet skis and boats. I have also seen jet skis run over swimmers near the shore, run over anchor lines, and cut off boats pulling skiers. One idiot passed under the ski rope between the boat and skier. Every hobby has its share of idiots, but I think the ratio is the greatest with jet skis. Just my .02

Mighty Thor
    But I'm not sure banding with an obnoxious interest group like jet skiers in hopes of fending off regulation is good...even if that group is fighting the same restrictions. Safety in numbers? If you band with them, aren't you associating your worth with their faults?
    jer
    Safety or power in numbers , Just look at the NRA Not everyone agrees on how shooting should be reresented and not everyone agrees that assault weapons should be protected along with shotguns, but one voice in the political arena carries serious weight. Also it is easier to modify the behavior or actions of a group from within than it is to make change by complaining as an outsider. Who are you more likely to listen too, your buddy who wants to make a point or your enemy who wants to put an end to your activity.
    I would like to see all motorized recreationists band together to work on preserving the use of property for us all even while working at resolving the inevitable differences that will exist between the various groups. Again, we face a common enemy but they will use the differences to split the groups and eliminate them one at a time. I have seen it here and elsewhere.
    I know that safety is an issue, again, look at the NRA. There is almost nothing more dangerous than an idiot with a gun and yet there are way's to try to educate those who are merely ignorant rather than stupid. Some however are beyond help.

LVjetboy
    In the real world you may be right Thor. Just doesn't seem right. Maybe instead, us hot boaters who ruled before the jet ski craze should band together to make our voices louder? Or hold back until they kill off jet skis...good riddance...then stike back with vengengce? In some localized places, like Havasu, I'd say hot boats may be out of control. There IS a saturation point no matter the drive or boat choice. Overall on the lakes I've boated it's not hot boats but jet skis. A matter of pure numbers and driver experience. But even the most pro-motorized recreationist has gotta cringe after listening all day to an inceasant buzzing from circling 2-cycles?
    jer

Fogged Gullwing
    Brooski register your boat in AZ then you won't have to worry about Taxes!!! How is Naci? It can't be full but how far up is it?
    As far as the jet ski battle goes I still have mine I would not take it to the river ever again. Yeah it sounds like a chain saw but it was fun at the time I bought it. I raced for about two years until I got ran over by two ski's at long beach. The only thing that I would consider doing with it is going back to the ocean and jumping waves with it. That's a rush you can get really big air without worrying about being in the hospital for days if you crash. The worst thing that happened to PWC was the sit down. This allowed any towel head / Mexican without a drivers license to go out on the water. And typicly they drive the same way on the water as they drive on the road.
    My 2 Cents BK

Brooski
    Brooski register your boat in AZ then you won't have to worry about Taxes!!! How is Naci? It can't be full but how far up is it?
    Hey neighbor! Not boat taxes. Ventura County doesnt charge taxes if the value is under $5000. Income taxes! My pay went up substantially in the last year and a half, so I knew I would take a hit, just not as large as this. Oh well, thy maketh and taketh away........
    Naci is great. Almost full, 20 feet down from capacity, which means about 20 feet away from the campgrounds. They wont let it get any higher until March 1st, then they will let if fill completely, if rain comes. It is gonna be a great season this year. Check out the Lake Naci Bash thread on Hot Spots West. I plan on going up in the near future. If I do, I will post some pics.
    Naci Photo (http://www.nacimientoresort.com/marinabobs.htm)

Fogged Gullwing
    Sorry about that but bigger income means you have to create better write off's!!!! I've still got my side business that I use for my tax plan. I haven't paid more than 800.00 dollars in fed taxes for fifteen years. Bernard J Lund
    Southland Business service Woodland hills Ca. Try Him out He's a genius!!!
    Naci is just 20 feet down!!!! Damn we went skiing when the mid state fair was there and it was a mud puddle. Got to see Boston at the fair it was cool only the two original guys from thre band but they had a new sexy chick as there bass player that was worth the entire show. Ventura still does give you the luxury tax on the boat. I was paying 45-65 bucks on top of registration I pay a flat 15.00 bucks a year for AZ reg.
    Later BK

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast