Thread: Proform carb??

wet77
    PROFORM carb
    Anyone use this brand carb before?
    I was looking at there 950 cfm one.
    Any opinions?
    It would be for the 540 I am building, the motor will be running about 10.5/1 compression.

1978 Rogers
    I kept with a Holley.

wet77
    I have used the billet throttle bodies and bases, they work great. They are kinda a packaging company for the shop that actually makes their parts, as with many I guess. I did track down the shop that makes their parts and they have their own line of stuff as well for a little less money. For whatever that is all worth........
    do they have a website?

bakerjet
    i bought the pro form throttle body for my holly 750,works like a champ

Fogged Gullwing
    I've run them before real good carb. But one thing though they are a little bit heavy on the power valve. Most of them come with a 4.5 and they can have some mid range miss. usally a 6.5 or 8.5 power valve will cure the problem.
    BK

victorfb
    i just bought the 950 mech. sec. from proform. $520 and that included shipping. it will be going on the boats 502 in a week or so. ill let you know what i think, but ive heard good stuff about em. thanks for the tip Fogged, ill keep that in mind if i have a problem. i did call proform to ask them how they set em up and he said my motor was pretty close to what they use as a test motor. i just forgot to ask what alltitude they are at. but he told me it should be just about perfect right out of the box so we will see. could have done without the purple anodizing, but i guess they wanted something that stood out. oh well. im sure ill love it.

FOURQ
    i have the 850 mec secondarys havent run it yet but have been told by quite a few racers that use them that they kick some serious ass over the holly and the demon for a few more dollars...
    hey Vic did you get it from chris? if so you raped him better than me i got mine for 500 with shipping

Fogged Gullwing
    Fourq,
    They are cheaper than the holley's A 750 cost less than my 750 hp holley. Try Hawaii racing in Simi valley the sell them pretty cheap. www.hawaiiracing.com
    Later BK

victorfb
    FourQ
    yea, thanks for the tip on that guy. when he said $520 and it included shipping i started saying my credit card number to him. lol . you cant beat that price and the carb looks like it will "proform" awsome. when i saw your 850 i knew then i was gunna buy one. thanks again man.