Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: flattie speeds

bigkatboat
    I think the problem that worries me most is, I cann't control all the other boats that MIGHT pull out from either shore. The trafic seems to be making 'speed runs' impossable. One other little problem is set up vs. distance, if you have a dry sump motor you have no problems. If you have a wet sump motor and it is set up for 1/4 mile only, you could run out of oil at 'just the wrong time' BANG! Back in the 70's we all would race in front of Fox's (start at Red Rock) and finish at the pole on the dock, that was a good distance and it put you right in the rough water on 'shut down'. Back then everyone knew what was going on and STAYED OUT OF THE WAY! Today it just ain't the same. Going a longer distance is possable as long as you are the only one out there. Have you ever hit a small wake at speeds above 125? It gets your mind RIGHT, in a hurry. 92 was fast in my ol' Warren Hurricane, and 128 was fast in my blown Honda, and 149 was fast in my blown gas 'hunk a Coal', racing at the track is still the best way to go. The V- drive 'parties' are also a good way to get 'every one educated' on the traffic problems. Good bunch of people.

bigkatboat
    I just remembered, back in (?) 2002 at Red Rock my buddy Glen ran his boat on a radar gun. He and his (adult) son ran 120 mph past the beach (2 people in boat). The boat has set the record in Ski Flat @ 130 mph. So some people have gone fast, if only for a short distance.

You Te
    I think anything over 75mph is "oh my god".
    75 is fastest enough for me.
    You Te

Sanger D
    my 69 sanger runs 82,stock 454 with some slightly worked big oval heads and ONE 850 annuler,gps,d 3 times at 81.6 and 82 mph,VERY RESPECTABLE #,s for that old boat and its small power,but man its the RIDE ,you gotta DRIVE that boat. A 121 mph in my old mans 76 sanger is the fastest I,ve ever been on water but when I raced crackers,!!!it was the scariest ride ever at 98 mph in a 15,8" boat C,MON!!!!! :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
    Sanger D

dmontzsta
    75 is fastest enough for me.
    You Te
    Hey, I actually agree with you on that.

PE 316
    I've personally been 142 MPH in an "open" (non-capsuled) flat.
    I didn't seem to notice any difference between 120 and 140 mph.
    However, I'm told that "Life begins at 150 mph" in a flat.
    (by the way that slogan is painted on the dash of my Dad's flat)

lucky
    The Funnest Is When Your Sitting Backwards In The Observers Seat Running On A Buck :d Dat Der Is Koool

jackpunx
    The Funnest Is When Your Sitting Backwards In The Observers Seat Running On A Buck :d Dat Der Is Koool
    that was my first and only ride in a real Vdrive.. Vector 1500hp..I was impressed.. but it could have ended bad if the driver was someone else :jawdrop:
    boat 030 owes me a ride in BigRed.. I'll report back after that one..

lucky
    Yes - At 1500 Hp That Sounds Like An Avala Boat

jackpunx
    Yes - At 1500 Hp That Sounds Like An Avala Boat
    it is the old Clearmans boat.. He's running it conservative at 1000 hp for family boating..lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast