Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: jamaica

RobR.
    We are thinking about going to Jamaica for our 10 year anniversary. I am looking for info on places to stay, what to do, what to avoid and the things that you must see. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Been there once as part of a cruise. Dunns River Falls was cool but that was about it. The all-inclusive resorts are supposed to be pretty nice. Far better places to go IMHO, like Grand Cayman or Cayman Brac.

Infomaniac
    Jamaica is great if you stay on the resort.
    There is horrendous poverty outside there and the locals will hound you to buy something relentlessly.
    Io would highly recommend Grand Cayman or Cancun or Cozumel

Slider
    I would do Tahiti.Jamaica,well is third world and its not very clean.But if you have to go?.Go to negril.Stay away from KIngston at all cost.And also go to an all inclusive resort.

NorCalCat
    We are thinking about going to Jamaica for our 10 year anniversary. I am looking for info on places to stay, what to do, what to avoid and the things that you must see. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    My wife and I are going to Sandals Negril in 2 weeks baby! We are going for our 5 yr. Fully inclusive, heard great reports about it. The inlaws travel a ton, and they said it is a great place, just stay there. The resort is huge and everything is included. I have been to Jamaica before, and it is a fun place if you know where to go and where not to go.
    I'll report back sometime after the 9th of March.

SCUBA STEVE
    Funny.... we are going in March for out 10 year anniversary. This will be my second time there. I went to Negril in 2002. Going to runaway bay this time. The resort will depend on what you want to do.
    I would highly suggest an all inclusive resort if your a big eater and drinker. Its worth it!!
    From my experiance in Negril, of course your going to see a lot of poverty, but the locals are way cool as long as you do not disrespect them, they leave you alone except when they try to push stuff on you ( 24/7 ) though, I didnt care for that too much. Off the resort tours & stuff is expensive. Souviners are average price. We hooked up with a taxi driver there that took us ever where we wanted, and "proctected" us when we were overly harrased from the pushers once. We went to a local club, peeps left us alone in there, Check out the sign. lol
    Here is the superclub website superclubs (http://www.superclubs.com/) I booked out vacation with Kenna at
    Changes in L'Attitudes
    3080 East Bay Drive
    Largo, FL 33771
    (800) 330-8272
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ules_1-med.jpg

1ASKYDV
    My wife and I are going to Sandals Negril in 2 weeks baby! We are going for our 5 yr. Fully inclusive, heard great reports about it. The inlaws travel a ton, and they said it is a great place, just stay there. The resort is huge and everything is included. I have been to Jamaica before, and it is a fun place if you know where to go and where not to go.
    Stayed at Sandals Negril for our honeymoon a few years back. It was great, and its right next door to Hedonism II!

XTRM22
    My wife and I have been to Sandals Negril twice, once on our honeymoon, and once on our our 5th anniversary last March. I highly recomnend it!! the food the atmosphere, everything about it is the best. While we were there last year, we met a travel agaent who told us that Negril is Sandal most poular resort and has the highest number of return visitors. I figure we'll save up for another year or two and go back, it's not cheap but worth every penny!! Make sure you go to RIck's Cafe for sunset cocktails, but I don't recomend jumping into the lagoon from the cliff, I did everything just right and still seriously bruised my tailbone (age is setting in). Pm me if you'd like any additional info on Sandal Negril, it's the best vacation destination we've been to.
    Chuck

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
    We had our honeymoon at Sandals in Negril. I thought it was a great deal. I think anything that is all-inclusive is worth it for a few simple reasons- you are not always having to dig money out of your pockets for the little things. It was nice to roll up to the bar, get a beer or two, and not have to pay a tab and tip. Also, the resort has everything you could want to do. We did leave for a while and like Scuba said, it is way expensive. And the poverty in the surrounding area will bring your spirits down a little. But it also made me thankful for what i have.
    IMO- Sandals Negril is worth the money. And the ride there is a trip!! Put your seatbelt on.

switchin'addiction
    Go to negril.Stay away from KIngston at all cost.And also go to an all inclusive resort.
    Yup!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast