Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jet guy needs info on Canyon V-drive

poncho-pwr
    I am a jet guy but have been considering buying a flatbottom v-drive for a while. Last night I went and looked at a Canyon that was complete minus motor and appeared to be in Excellent shape. The boat has been tied up in an estate lawsuit for five years and is just now up for sale. The only paperwork the lady has is a receipt for $1200 bottom modification work done by someone named Mettler in 1988. The boat is multi-colored and has an incredible paint job. I am looking for something to make a serious lake rod out of and maybe some occaisional racing at not to far away venues. Are any of you familiar with these boats? Are they good boats? What do you think the $1200 worth of bottom modification was for? The boat doesn't even appear to have any stress cracks. I can buy the boat on a dolly trailer with everything except engine for $9100. This includes five extra sets of gears, three props, two wings, zoomies, lots of steel braided line and a T-tank. Thanks for any help guys.

olbiezer
    u need to pm jetboatguru here on the boards hes got the knowledge u seek grasshopper!

ClineWaterCraft
    Call Wayne Metler and answer your questions. Canyons have been his life....Im sure some one has his number, me included but I have to find it. I'll look and try to post it.
    Mike

poncho-pwr
    I assuming Metler is the guy who did the bottom mods but are you saying he built the boats as well? His number would great if anyone has it.
    So, are they good boats or are they slugs? Everything else I have looked at were either Sangers, Hondos, and one Cole. I am not familiar with Canyons at all. What about the price?

eraser
    jump on it....................NOW!!!!

Monkey Bung
    Classic Guru. Starting a new thread. :yuk:

good one T

you fooled the BBC that is worth something.

poncho-pwr
    Uh guys, don't know who Guru is but he ain't me. I just joined the boards a couple weeks ago or so and have spent most of my time in the just jets forum where I have started a few threads. I currently have a Rodgers TR19 that I have been working on but I have wanted a v-drive for a long time but haven't found anything like I wanted yet until I came across this one. I do appreciate the info from those who offered help.
    I am located in Arkansas and I have a small specialty engine shop where we mainly deal with Pontiac engines, which is what will be going in this boat if I buy it....Real Pontiac engines, not big block chevy big chief headed motors.

Sangerboy
    poncho-pwr, if you're not Tony, that is and excellent deal and I would follow eraser's advice (now that would be ironic since he seldom follows mine) and jump on it. I have a Canyon with the bottom done by Mettler and it is the most forgiving, stable and easiest to drive boat that I've been in. And so far the more power I've given it the better it likes it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast