Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tahoe or Expedition? Why one over the other??

MOBrien
    Sorry, I'd drop this in the Tow Rigs section but it wouldn't get as much visibility/response......and I want to figure this out in the next day or so----
    I know this has been discussed in previous threads and I have read them, but I'm looking for some updated opinions on this comparison for the '04 - '05 lines. Can those of you that currently have '04 - '05 Tahoes or Expeditions provide your reasoning as to why you decided to buy/lease one over the other? My wife and I like them both and we can't seem to make a decision. We're looking at either the '05 Tahoe LT 4x4 loaded to the gills or the '05 Expedition Eddie Bauer 4x4 loaded to the gills......they're both about the same price.
    A little help please? :idea: :idea: :idea:
    Thanks folks,
    MOB

NOTALENT
    Simple go with the Tahoe!!! It's a CHEVY!!
    Ford is just a waste of time.. This should get the fire started..

gnarley
    Tahoe/Yukon
    I bought the Yukon with huge discounts as a GM family member MSRP was 44K we paid 33K :jawdrop:
    I couldn't do that with a Ford but didn't want one anyway.

little rowe boat
    If you are going to do any towing go with the Ford.My buddy had a Tahoe and whenever he had to tow,he would get p'od,so he purchased an Expedition and he is much happier.

tamalewagon
    one's a Chevy...the other isn't. Also...never heard of another company having as many recalls as Ford.

CornWater
    I have an Excursion, the lady has a Tahoe.. my feeling is that Chevy's are a little more comfortable while the Fords seem a little more rugged...going out around town we take the Tahoe, towing the boat the Excursion..not neccesarily apples to apples but the same reasoning applies for me for the Expedition vs. Tahoe..

little rowe boat
    I have an Excursion, the lady has a Tahoe.. my feeling is that Chevy's are a little more comfortable while the Fords seem a little more rugged...going out around town we take the Tahoe, towing the boat the Excursion..not neccesarily apples to apples but the same reasoning applies for me for the Expedition vs. Tahoe..
    I agree,with the comfort vs. rugged analogy.

a catered life
    we have had 2 tahoes and many of my friends have the expedition. i have been very happy with our trucks but i am partial to chevy but ask your self this which one do you see broken down the most? do you have kids or just you and girl? whats the most inportant things in a truck for you and which one has most of them? and if you are not buying new--which one does your personal mechanic think is a better deal? how much do you want to spend? and a question that always helps me a lot which one has the higher resale value if i had to dump it asap? i see a ton of both trucks for sale and considering the recent changes in the markets both companies are offering some great deals. good luck but i say take the chevy just my .45 cents worth

Kilrtoy
    Chevy wil have have nicer amenities and looks better IMO..... Ford will tow better from what i have been told. Also the ford offers more interior room, but it is very dated ......
    It is a tuff decision, best of luck whatever you get.....

MOBrien
    The boat in my sig is what we'll be towing...24'er at about 5,500 lbs. Which tows better? My wife really likes that power fold 3rd row, but I like the Tahoe looks........damn decisions.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast